When we moved to Germany, I was a little nervous about finding someone to cut my hair. I'm very plain, but I really care about who cuts my hair and how well they do it. In Oklahoma, I used the same girl for all three years that I lived there. There was a beautiful girl in one of my classes at OU who had great hair. She was much trendier than me, so I figured she must have a good stylist. I asked her where she went, and that's how I found Lindsay, my stylist.
I did the same thing in Germany. I asked around and read a book that one of the squadron's wives published. It was a book full of references from other Americans who'd lived in Germany and made recommendations to certain places. I made my first appointment with Achim, and I've stayed with him the rest of the time I've lived here. In fact, after Jackson's first haircut, I took him to Achim to fix it. Achim will have given Jackson 3 haircuts before we leave Germany.
Jackson and I needed one more haircut before we departed Germany. Since my dad is with us for a month, he felt like he needed a beard trim and a haircut before he returns to Texas. We all three made appointments with Achim and had a great time.
I did the same thing in Germany. I asked around and read a book that one of the squadron's wives published. It was a book full of references from other Americans who'd lived in Germany and made recommendations to certain places. I made my first appointment with Achim, and I've stayed with him the rest of the time I've lived here. In fact, after Jackson's first haircut, I took him to Achim to fix it. Achim will have given Jackson 3 haircuts before we leave Germany.
Jackson and I needed one more haircut before we departed Germany. Since my dad is with us for a month, he felt like he needed a beard trim and a haircut before he returns to Texas. We all three made appointments with Achim and had a great time.
Big Ron loved talking German history with Achim.
Jackson loved Achim's assistant, Betina. While I got my haircut, he followed her around the salon.
After we were done, we went outside and let Jackson play on the little playground that's in the walkplatz.
Well, our hair is ready for America. Everyone in my family (men and women) has quite a head of hair. Jackson seems to have gotten the good hair genes! His hair is so fun to fix, that I don't even feel the need to have a little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment