Monday, April 20, 2009

My Take on Television

This afternoon, Jackson was watching a home video while I prepared his lunch. He was watching a clip of himself and Jason in Germany. He was laughing and giggling. Then I heard him say, "Dada. Dada. Dada! Dada! Dada! When are you coming home to our apartment? Dada! Dada! Dada! Dada! Dada! I want to touch your shirt, Dada. Dada. Dada. Dada! Dada! Talk to me, Dada. Dada! Dada!"

It was so precious, but don't you think toddlers have a hard time distinguishing between reality and what's on television?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely think they have a problem with it. Television is so bad for children and they really should never watch it. The commercials are bad enough, but the programs are bad even for adults. The programs have too much violence and sexual content, along with teaching children to not respect their parents or any other authority figure. Public school use to be good for children, and now, it is one of the worse places for them...mother

Christy said...

I absolutely agree! There is nothing more dangerous than having someone/something else shape and form the reality of children's perceptions. The only thing we need to do that is Truth..His Truth!