I seriously cannot believe that I am 30 weeks pregnant. The time has flown by. At 28 weeks, I was looking up something in the pregnancy journal I kept while pregnant with Jackson. It was then that I realized that I am now in my third trimester!
Things with this pregnancy have been great...and so similar to my pregnancy with Jackson. I weigh exactly what I weighed at this stage with Jackson, and I started at the same weight so my weight gain has been the same. I have to confess, I was hoping to gain a little less this time; however, I know that weight isn't something I need to worry about. Healthy weight gain is good and my midwives are very pleased with my weight gain. Getting big is just never comfortable!
My fundal height is always exactly what it should be. I'm 30 cm at 30 weeks. This was also the case with Jackson. Baby girl's head is down and has been for a few weeks. I can feel it with my fingers, which is so cool. At my appointment yesterday, my midwife could feel that her head is down, her back is on my right side, and her bottom is in the top right corner of my uterus. This is exactly how Jackson laid when I was pregnant with him. I must make things comfy in that position.
My placenta is anterior and more towards the top of my uterus. It's like a little pillow between me and the baby, which makes feeling her movements a little different than with Jackson...when my placenta was posterior. I mostly feel her low, but I'm starting to feel her high on the sides of my uterus. I love it when my entire belly shakes and when I can feel her foot in my left side. It is so amazing to me.
At 28 weeks, I had my blood tested. I got my results back at yesterday's appointment and all of my levels were great. I was so thankful because my iron had been low at my 13 week blood test. (I've always been borderline anemic and my body took a while to catch up with all of the blood volume increase.) We've been working on bringing up my iron ever since because it is so important for proper oxygenation when the baby is born. I was very relieved to know that I was in my midwives' happy zone.
We are thrilled for this sweet girl to arrive; although, I tell her that she can stay in as long as she likes. I'm not even in my house yet and I would love to have plenty of time to get settled and then enjoy sitting around and playing with Jackson and Jason for a couple of days...or weeks, preferably! Plus, I need time to find a name. We have no idea what we are going to name her. Feel free to post suggestions! And I have not one article of clothing for her to wear. In fact, I haven't bought one thing except her bedding. And I promise that I only have that because I had to pick out paint for her bedroom walls!
I recently took the lilypie baby ticker off and replaced it with the babystrology one. I like that I can see a photo of the baby. Jackson saw it today and asked me who it was. I told him that it was a picture of what his baby sister looks like floating in my bag of water. He looked at it and said, "I don't want her to be naked." I laughed! I assured him that we would put clothes on her once she came out. I'm so thrilled to share the experience with him. I'm so happy to be at home when I have her. We plan to have him in the room with us. I think it will be an amazing experience for our entire family.
9 years ago
1 comment:
Addison, Camille, Sophie, Emma, Eliana, or Sage.
I love these names!
Post a Comment