Dad and Mom,
I just wanted to let you know that my birthday cards arrived. Your words to me were more than I deserve. My heart was full and my eyes were overflowing with tears. I thank the Lord for parents like you and hope that our adulthood blesses you as much as our toddlerhood. So often, I think of having to let mine go someday and how sad it must be for you to look back and miss the days when we were running around the house yelling and screaming and playing.
I also wanted you to know that I took the magnet off of the card and put it on the refrigerator for Jackson and Allison, as you requested. I thought you'd like to know that it came at the most opportune time. You see, your grandson put the meat tenderizer (thank you, Meredith, for that gift) to the fridge this morning and put a nice dent in it. I was very excited about it, as I am sure you can imagine. You know how I love it when things get messed up. You will be pleased to know that I did not get upset with him; rather, I used it as a teaching opportunity. The dent remains, on the fridge and regrettably in my heart, but the magnet covers it up very well. It was a learning opportunity for us both! I love you both, my blessed parents!
9 years ago
1 comment:
You are very welcome and all of you, as adults, have blessed us even more. We love wathcing you go through experiences that we had from marriage till now. It blesses our hearts and makes us remember what has made our marriage so special. I love your father more now than I did when we got married and I would have never believed that was possible. Love is timeless and it just gets better with age, when you have God as your focus and each other to lean on. There is nothing sweeter.
Jackson, you are so special. Learning can be hard.
Oh those loving reminders of your children growing up. Isn't it so fun....but truly, it is just things, and they can be replaced. The memories bring laughter and are treasured for a lifetime. I was looking back at the house when it was fresh and new. I loved it and I have complained over the years of the damage it withstood. But, I would never trade the treasured moments we all shared and the running, playing and screaming that took place. That can never be replaced. So enjoy each moment and magnets are great for covering those dents. God always provides when we least expect it, in the most unusual ways....love you bunches MOM!!!!!
Post a Comment