My mom and dad, Jackson, Allison and I got there early to help decorate and set-up. I am not a decorator by any means. Give me fruit to cut up and food to set out, but decorate? Not a good idea. Thankfully, Meredith and Ryan had most of it done. I mainly had to hang balloons and put cupcakes and napkins on the table. Not too difficult!
The food table - they served Brats and hotdogs, potato salad, chips, and fruit. The Cheddar Jalapeno Brats were delicious. Ryan is a grill master and cooker of all meats.
Meredith had an experience similar to mine on Jackson's first birthday. His first birthday was before my blogging days. Would you believe me if I told you his final cake was #7 of 7 attempts?! Meredith didn't have to let it go that far. She stopped at 4. She had the most adorable cupcake cake pan. The only problem...the cake was so thick it would not cook in the middle...even after a few different recipes. I think she did a great job the morning of the party turning out this cake:

Aren't mommy's the best? She did everything she could to make her baby girl's first birthday super special.
Daddy and his birthday girl:
Daddy and his birthday girl:
Tiffany and her hubby Jonathan were the first guests to arrive. They are a PRECIOUS couple!
Danna, one of Meredith's greatest friends and the funniest girl I know:
Grammie and her girl:

Allison has a serious case of the Mommy syndrome. She wouldn't let anyone hold her the entire weekend...EXCEPT Melissa. It was so strange. She even went to Melissa from me one time. It didn't last long, but she was actually happy with Melissa. Maybe we smell alike?
Here comes the cake:
Happy Birthday sweet girl! Your Aunt Adrienne loves you to pieces!!
And her first taste:
Yum, yum!
She needed to get after it with a fork:
Grammie cut the cake:
These boys waited very patiently for cupcakes:
Time for presents:

This sweet and generous family is the reason our girls have clothes. Jeff and Randi give us all of Alyssa's clothes once she's outgrown them. Meredith gets them first and then passes them down to me for Allison. They have been a huge blessing to us!

I was so happy to see my dad's sister, our Aunt Sharon. {They're pretending Madalyn is in the photo.}

Cousins! Clint {my Aunt Sharon's son} and his wife Amber. We were just missing Jennifer {Clint's sister} and Ronald.


































2 comments:
And what a day it was....such a wonderful party and so much fun with all the children and family being together. Ryan and Meredith did an awesome job putting it all together. Meredith made the tutu and it was so cute on Madalyn.
Our precious Madalyn is 1 and it seems like just yesterday, she was born. What joy she has brought into all of our lives. I love being her grandmother and we will have so much fun playing dolls together. I can't wait.
Great pictures Adrienne!
Thank you for sharing the pictures!! I teared up seeing all of your smiling faces! I miss all of you so much. You are and always will be family to me. I am so sad that I missed Madalyn's first birthday. I just wish Texas and Tennessee were closer together!!! I love you all!
Post a Comment