When we bought our house, we had no idea what a blessing the location would be. We had no idea that God would place us next to the most amazing people. We have incredible neighbors! At the beginning of May (that's how long I've been trying to post this!), the Sherrers had a patio party for several homes on our street. We all have kids ten years old and younger...most of them being four and under. The Sherrers treated us all to grilled kabobs and crab legs and then homemade ice cream for dessert. It was a great time!
At the time we bought our house, we didn't know that we were living next to a family that went to the same church we were attending, much less that the couple was in our Sunday School class! Our family and the Sherrers go to the same church. Jason and I are in the same Sunday School class as Lindsay and Lindsey. Jackson and their twin girls are also in the same Sunday School class. I have developed a special friendship with Lindsey that I am going to miss horribly now that we are moving away for ten months. {I have yet to mention...on my blog...that we are moving to Alabama for ten months while Jason completes Air Command and Staff College for the Air Force as a Reservist.} Jackson is going to miss Mallory and Landry so much. He thanks Jesus for them in all of his prayers, wants to show/tell them about everything new and exciting, and wants to play with them every day. What a huge blessing that family has been to us!
Here are some pictures of our patio party! Enjoy!!
Landry stealing some of Jackson's ketchup {She is a major condiment girl!}:
Jackson upset that she "snaked" some of his ketchup without asking:
Landry, "If you ask me nicely not to take it, then I won't. But you need to ask me nicely." {She really said that! But make sure you read it with a lot of drama:)}
Allison and Claire {less than 2 months apart}:
My man and his crab legs!
Emma Joy...a true joy to be around:
The beloved swing set that Lindsay built:
The Host and Hostess!!
Homemade ice cream! {Jackson-3, Morgan-2, Caleb-6, Emma-6}
Nothing happier than a boy in a backyard with a bowl of ice cream!
Jackson and Mallory:
Lindsay and Jason - adults love ice cream too...especially alongside Lindsay's blackberry cobbler that he cooked in a cast iron over a fire!














1 comment:
What fun. I love crablegs, ice cream and cobbler (any flavor will do). That is one great family and I know how much you are going to miss them. I know Jackson is really going to miss the girls. The twins are such a hoot. I wish I was coming in July with your dad.
love you, mother
Post a Comment