Friday, April 15, 2011

Treasure to My Heart...They Really Do Pay Attention!

My blog is suffering...BIG TIME. My heart is full of so many things that I want to document, but two busy children and so many things to do as we prepare for another transition seem to keep me away from the computer. When Jason told me this story, I had to put everything aside to record this precious memory.

While I was at the tax office today, Jason, Jackson, and Allison were driving around the academic circle that surrounds Air Command and Staff College and Air War College. All around the circle, there are airplanes on static display. As they approached the B-52 Bomber, this conversation occurred:


Jason: That's the B-52 Bomber that my friend Brett flies. He flies at like 30,000 feet and then drops tons of bombs on the bad guys.
Jackson: I know. I know what the B-52 Bomber is. Is the B-52 Bomber fast?
Jason: It's reasonably fast. It's not one of the faster airplanes like a fighter for example.
Jackson: Is it faster than the SR-71 Blackbird?
Jason: No, it's not faster than the SR-71 Blackbird. The SR-71 Blackbird is the fastest airplane that the US Air Force has ever flown.
Jackson: I want to be a pilot and fly the SR-71 Blackbird!
Jason: Oh, okay. Well, that's great.
Jackson: Can I be a pilot when I grow up?
Jason: Well, yeah, you can be a pilot when you grow up.
Jackson: Is it up to me whether I can be a pilot or is it up to God?
Jason: It's actually up to God whether you can be a pilot or not. It's up to God...
Jackson: Daddy, wait, wait, wait. Be quiet. (Bowing his head, he prayed,) Dear Jesus, please let me be a pilot when I grow up and fly the SR-71 Blackbird. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

And I always wonder if anything good will come out of my many failed attempts to parent my children and teach them the wonder of our great God and Savior. What a gift this was for me today! It sure puts things into perspective when my brain is spinning with all of the things we need to accomplish before we begin our series of moves in June.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Benita said...

Well, I have tears in my eyes. Those tender little hearts and minds do absord and listen to what you are teaching them. God tell us to pray to Him about everything and not to ever give up believing. I pray that Jackson will always go to the Lord for everything and waiting patiently for God to answer. This is a treasured event to store in your hearts. God rains down blessings on us each and every day. How sad if we were to miss even one...Love you

Beeker said...

its so wonderful to hear from you!! I figured you all were crazy busy with getting ready for the move!! I love to hear of the sweet children God gave you...of course, our vote is that Jackson prays to fly A-10's!!
: )