We live in a quiet cul-de-sac, which I love because the kids can run around and play without any worry of lots of cars or people passing by. Jackson is so trustworthy when it comes to safety, so I have let him, on a few occasions, play outside for a few minutes by himself while I run in the house to take care of something or to tend to Allison. (It's so hard to do this for the first time as a parent!) A few days ago, I was inside checking on Allison (who was napping) and when I came outside, this is what Jackson was doing:

I could not help but laugh and smile. He's wearing his homemade race car driving helmet (a combo of an old batting helmet and a mask that goes with a Hot Wheels costume). He was talking to himself while driving around the sidewalks, into the cul-de-sac, and up driveways. I love his imagination!
2 comments:
Jackson, you are amazing. You never cease to surprise Grammie with how you can drive. I can't wait for you to drive a car, so you can take me for a ride, but that can go on hold for a while. You are growing up fast enough without me wanting you to get bigger faster. You never know, one of these days Grammie may be sitting in the stands at the Indiannapolis 500 watching you race around the track. And the winner is.....Jackson Exum.
Boys definitely rock...they are at such a fun stage now too cause they are so creative with their play...we are big firefighters over here. TJ can be a firefighter all day long.
Post a Comment