Game Day! I cannot express how thrilled he was to have a purple jersey!
Assistant Coach and his boy!
2:00 games for pregnant mommies are hot! I'm just thankful I'm in Utah and not Houston or Oklahoma. Whew!! I love this little guy so much!
I wanted a photo of the kids together. I asked them to put their arms around each other and they both did this at the same time. They weren't intending to not hug each other, they were just confused by what I meant.
But then Allison thought it was so funny, she didn't want to abandon the little game that ensued.
And then Jackson thought it would be great for them to close their eyes. As if it isn't difficult enough to get a photo of kids!
Go Wildcats!!
Let's go!
This little girl from the green team was really good. She's a head taller than Jackson but a month younger. I think he liked playing against her. They both love to be where the ball is!
Jackson's game was in the middle of Alli's normal naptime. She had a bit of a meltdown at one point and wanted Jason. He did what any fantastic daddy (and husband) would do, he ran around and coached with her on his shoulders!
We hadn't been practicing throw-ins in practice because our league told our coach that we didn't have to do them. Since the other team had been practicing them, we decided to do them as well. It took a few times for them to learn that they have to stay on the sideline. He's just a foot or so off!
Score!!
He was so thrilled with himself. I think that was the best part because we never said anything about trying to score goals. He's just a natural competitor and loved it!
Our number 7 taking an opportunity to guard the goal:
Watching this little guy reminded me so much of my brother. Craiten is a natural defender and my brother was the same way. I can still remember watching him play when he was Jackson's age. He always hung back and protected our goal. It's amazing to watch the kids and to see how the Lord has naturally gifted them.
We talked about numbers the day Jackson was going to get his jersey. We tried to find something positive about every number he might get. Jason ran practice that day and we decided to let the kids pick their numbers. To our very pleasant surprise, no two kids wanted the same number. Thank You, Lord!! Jackson picked number 5 at first, but when he saw number 7, he quickly changed his mind. I love number 7!
It's funny the things that you take for granted. The coaches had to teach the kids how to go through the line, give fives, and say, "Good game!"
The Wildcats:


























2 comments:
Love it!!! That is the cutest thing ever..seeing him play soccer!! Way to go Jackson...we are so proud of you! Definitely looking into something for our boys! : )
Way to go Jackson....Boy does this bring back memories of watching your Uncle Ronald play soccer at this age. Jackson I am so proud of you. Remember, it's not the winning that truly counts, it's the sportsmanship and playing as a team that is the true goal. Getting to score makes it special for you personally, but it is what it does for the whole team that makes it the most meaningful. Grammie knows that you are going to do great at soccer. You have your daddy in you in so many ways and he is an awesome man, father and husband. I pray that you follow in his footsteps as your grow and mature. Your daddy is a really special son-in-law too...love you bunches!!!!
Post a Comment