Saturday, November 5, 2011

First Snow of the Season!!

The kids have been eagerly awaiting the first snow of the season. When we woke up this morning, it looked like a winter wonderland outside.

Neither Jackson nor Allison wanted to eat breakfast, they just wanted to get outside and play. I was okay with that since Elizabeth was still sleeping, so I hurried to bundle them up. If you've lived in a cold and snowy climate, then you know it takes forever to get kids ready for outdoor play in the snow. As soon as we were about ready to go, Elizabeth woke. Isn't that how it always happens?! I changed and fed her and then bundled her up inside the Moby Wrap, which she LOVES, and then we all headed outdoors.

This was Allison's first experience in the snow as a walker. She LOVED it!! I could hear her giggling as she rolled and stomped in the snow. It was great!




Jackson was excited to shovel snow and to ride his bike around the cul-de-sac, which wasn't covered in snow. I did see him take a few attempts at riding through the snow piles, but he found that it was harder than he'd anticipated with his street tires.


Jackson taught Allison how to make a snow angel:


They lasted a lot longer than I thought, but then hungry tummies and cold hands overshadowed the excitement and we headed inside for food and hot chocolate. We would have loved to have made a snowman, but it was a little too hard for me while wearing Lizzie and Jason isn't here because he has to work this weekend. We sure did miss him!!

Update: Jackson and I went out later in the afternoon while both girls slept. That rarely happens! We shoveled the driveway, had a snowball fight, and made this:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Beeker said...

Wow...first snow! Glad you all had fun...I'm just not quite ready for the first snow. I guess its good we won't have ours for a little while. I'm such a Florida chick! Love you guys!

Benita said...

Snow...what's that when you live in Houston TX......I am so envious.
Jackson & Allison, Grammie is so glad that you had such a good time playing in the snow. Just wait until Daddy & Mommie take you sking for the first time.......