Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dynamite Daddy!

I am so honored to be able to write a Father's Day post because it means that God has blessed me with an amazing man to share my life with and precious children for us to raise together.

Jason Exum, I was enamored with you on 9 July 1997. I will never forget watching you pray as you walked around the youth room at the Met Family Life Center in preparation for "Da Bomb." You were wearing khaki shorts, a white t-shirt and running shoes. Your blue eyes and curly smile made me speechless, but that was nothing compared to your heart. When you chose to pursue me that December, I could have soared through the sky. I will never forget our dating days. Some of my best memories are of us driving around in your Jeep Wrangler listening to praise and worship music and singing our hearts out. One of my favorites was raising our hands to the sky and singing Watermark's "His Renown."

Who do we say that He is, with our lives?
Who do we say that He is, in the words we say?
Who do we say that He is, for the little eyes watching you and me?

Where have we gone with His heart, with our lives?

Where have we gone with His heart, in the words we say?
Where have we gone with His heart, for the little eyes watching you and me?

We just can't wash our hands of this and walk away

And blame the ones before us 'cause it's easier to say
Than to listen to His heart beating for the coming age

So let the hands go up around the world in surrender

And let the voices echo out a new sound
So the ones who come behind us
Will follow in His name and see the greatness of His renown

Who will we say that He is, with our lives?

Who will we say that He is, in the words we say?
Who will we say that He is, for the little eyes watching you and me?

We just can't wash our hands of this and walk away

And blame the ones before us 'cause it's easier to say
Than to listen to His heart beating for the coming age

So let the hands go up around the world in surrender

And let the voices echo out a new sound
So the ones who come behind us
Will follow in His name and see the greatness of His renown

We are a doorway and window to the truth

We have one passage of time
What will we say then?
How will we live?
This burning passion is a gift

So let the hands go up around the world in surrender

And let the voices echo out a new sound
So the ones who come behind us
Will follow in His name and see the greatness of His renown


In those early days, we only dreamed of children. They were in our distant future. Then, we married on the most wonderful day of my life. We moved around the world together learning about each other, cultures, family and friends. Then, in November 2006, we became PARENTS!!! It didn't even take the blink of an eye for me to see what a tender and loving father you were going to be. We have been rewarded with three precious blessings from our Lord and your loving leadership has amazed me. I learn so much from you. I am grateful. I am blessed. I am relieved. I am comforted. I am confident. I have peace knowing that you are the father of my children. I willingly and gratefully want to follow you every day of my life. The Lord is my refuge, but so are you.

Now, this song has a whole new meaning for us. Who will we say that He is, for the little eyes watching you and me? That is my greatest passion...to correctly portray the heart and person of Jesus Christ to Jackson, Allison and Elizabeth. And YOU are the person that I am privileged to do that with!

Thank you for loving our children so tenderly and selflessly. Thank you for investing in their hearts and lives. Thank you for spending time on the things that are the most important to you in life...US! My sister always says that a picture really is worth one thousand words, so I don't have to write so much. She is right. These pictures show what an incredible father you are!


We feel so loved by you! Happy Father's Day!
Photobucket

No comments: