Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baby's First Haircut

Our sweet baby had his very first haircut today. He's 16 months old. We've been putting off cutting his hair for a couple of reasons: it solidifies his move from babyhood to toddlerhood, we like the look of longer hair, and we're rebelling against all of the people who say, "Oh my gosh! His hair is so long. It needs to be cut. He looks like a girl." (Just kidding on the last part; however, it does bother us.)

I actually had a hard time going through with it! I love his hair and the sweet curls in the back. However, the curls never have a chance to be curls because we have to dry his hair with a hair dryer since it's so cold here. When I dry his hair, the curls somewhat straighten and then have that half straight/half curl/crimped look. It's awful. I've even been tempted to use my flatiron on the back of his hair! (And NO, I have NOT used it...that's just how bad it bugged me.) On top of that, his hair had grown past his eyebrows and was into his eyes. It combs to the side, but let's face it, he's a boy and it never stays in one place. So, I decided that it was only right to get it cut...but only a little bit.
Here are two photos I took of him when he woke this morning. That's not bad bed head!


Jackson and I got ready and headed out the door to the salon where we met Jason. We photographed and videoed. Jackson was great! He sat on daddy's lap for the whole thing. He moved his head unexpectedly a few times, but nothing horrible resulted...thank goodness! Here are some photos:





I didn't get a photo of the finished cut because Jackers was ready to get down, run around, and kick his soccer ball, which we did do once we got outside. I'll take a photo and post it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my baby is looking way too big. I loved his baby hair. What a sweet moment to put in that place of special memories. It is so hard to let them stop being a baby. I love you Jackson, Grammie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the final photo. My son is 10 months and his hair is getting pretty long in the back. I'm not ready for that transition either!

stephanie said...

oh that is always a hard day. i remember it well.

then it is funny..after a while you start looking back at the photos of the days leading up to haircut day and you think to yourself "what took us so long?"

i bet he looks handsome! and like such a big boy. if only every step they take towards growing up could be as easy as a haircut!!