Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Day in Pictures

We began our day making juice and seeing Jace off to work. Then, Jackson and I headed to playgroup for two hours. We had to do a little shopping for food and then we stopped at a toy store to search for a mower that we apparently missed on our Saturday quest for a push mower for Jackson. After a nice nap, the mower excitement began and we headed outside to test it out.

If I haven't mentioned before, Jackson is completely obsessed with mowers. If anyone in our village is out mowing, he hears it and then says and signs to me, "Mower...On...Gas." Translation: someone turned a mower on, and they had to put gas in it before they turned it on.

Our little lawn mowing man:

Concentrating on pulling the grape off of its stem:

Oops! The stem is still attached:

I'll eat it anyway:

And then just spit the stem back out:

That is quite a mouthful:

Fun times when Daddy gets home:


Watching Cars after his bath:

This is a real treat for him and something we don't let him do every day. He loves to listen to the music and watch the cars race in the very beginning. Here he is imitating Lightning McQueen whenever he sticks out his tongue as he jumps over the wreckage:

Goodnight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason Exum, don't you drop my grandson.......just kidding. I remember when your father-in-law use to do that with our children and I would just about have a heart attack. Counting the days....love you

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am not sure which one is enjoying the movie more, Jason or Jackson. It reminds me of the Forrest Gump movie where he is watching TV with his son......

Anonymous said...

my heart is full! i cannot wait to see y'all! thank you for sharing the pictures. jackson's aunt meredith had a great idea in persuading mommy to get the mower! :) it looks like he really enjoys it. i love you all.

mer

Erica said...

Very cute...and you made your own juice...impressive! I so enjoy reading about your family and how pure everything is. We have given into the "Sprout" and "Noggin" world, but they are learning through it. I wish I could say they don't watch tv that often, but I can't!
We do manage to fill our days with a lot of other things as well, though. Thanks for sharing the pics!