Today is my baby sister's birthday. August is like May in the birthday arena...we have lots in our fam this month. I miss this girl like crazy! Not only is she a great sister...she's a great BFF. We can talk about anything and I dearly appreciate her honesty. There have been many times in life where she's had to set me straight - very gently and tenderly b/c she knows big sis is SUPER sensitive! Please say a prayer over her today for a very special birthday. She'll be spending it in Arkansas, her new home as of the end of May. She and Ryan moved there (temporarily thank You, Lord) for an awesome job opportunity. I'm so happy for them, but a little sad that she won't be around every day I'm in Houston.
Just for your wondering mind, here are some very random memories of Meredith (only she will understand some):
- My nicknames: Mer (not Mere, folks!), MerBear, Merriweather, Mer-Mer
- the tragic Jennifer Aniston haircut
- "Cover Girl"
- her splitting our bedroom in half b/c she was clean and I was messy (my high school days)
- and I quote her, "I will not marry a man who is hairy." Oh, reeeaaaallly??!!
- another quote, "I am not going up there [Pikes Peak]. No way! Not me babe!"
- big, beautiful, brown puppy-dog eyes
- living together for a summer in Italy...Mer, did that car door open while in drive???
- speaking of driving, she IS the driver.
- One Fine Day soundtrack for road trips
- how I knew Todd wasn't the one and then knew that Ryan was
- fellow Dave Ramsey-ite
- 37 weeks pregnant at her wedding in a honeydew melon-colored dress - do you think I looked like a watermelon...literally! It was all good b/c I would have DIED if I couldn't have been there.
- happiest child ever - always smiling and excited
- serves her hubs proudly and unselfishly
- great secret keeper
- reckless lover of the Lord
- always replies when I send pics...I love that!
Mer,
I am praying for a restful, peaceful, and splendid birthday for my baby girl sister. You are such an amazing person - an incredible wife, a devoted and loving sister, a dedicated and loyal friend, and a big lover of Jesus. I have been so impressed as I have watched you over the last year-and-a-half turn into an amazing wife! You are quite the homemaker and have grown so much in your role as helpmate. I value your opinion and know that when I need an honest answer or a snap back into reality, you are the one to call. Oh, I can't wait to see you!!! September is going to be the best! It's so fun to share adult life together and I'm so thankful that we are all (all the sibs) such close friends and love being together. Today, you can have your cake and eat it too!! I love you, Mer-Mer!
9 years ago
2 comments:
Very sweet...I hope she has a great birthday...I'm confused, though...were you wearing the "watermelon" dress at the wedding?
I also loved reading all the things about you. You have had a lot of different jobs. I think that is really neat.
Happy Birthday Meredith,
I want the world to know that Dad and I have been blessed with the most incredible daugthers and son. The blessings of having our children have been showered down on us. Each bithday is a special reminder of when these special people entered our lives. Wow, how great is our Lord. He does give us the desires out our heart.
You know that "You know I love you more than my luggage!"......... Mother
Post a Comment