That's my new name. I think he's transitioning from Mama to Mommy. I was hoping Mama would stick. I like it. Plus, using Mommy just means he is growing up...way too fast I might add.
Today was a great day. I went to Kate's house, and bless her heart, she let me pour out like a waterfall the things that are constantly on my mind and endangering my brain of exploding. She was so encouraging and gently reminded me (as many others try to do) that I just can't be 150% at everything. Is that ever going to sink in? I think it will. But it is going to be painful!
This afternoon, Jace got some great job prospect news that is really exciting for us. I'm trying to enjoy where I am at right now in life, but I must be honest and say that I'm eager for the day that we get to settle...at least a little bit...and get out of the transition period that we've been lingering in for a long while. I don't want to get too excited about anything until it's a for sure thing, but it's comforting to see all of the opportunities that God is placing before us.
Later, I talked to my dad and found out that he is planning to come stay with us for a month after we return from Houston!!!! YEAH!!!!! I was just telling Kate that I wished my dad could come here and stay for a while. I could really use his company...so could Jace. He and I have brainwaves that run at the same frequency. Can I tell you how much fun Jason will have watching football with him every weekend?! Oh Jesus, can You please make this happen?! If it works out, he'll fly back with us and then be here when we pack out our house. Hooray!!
My sweet toddler is slumbering in his big bed. Isn't it the most precious thing to watch your own baby sleeping so peacefully? I love that little boy so much. I think Jace is reading a book for job stuff and probably falling asleep since it's so late. I am working on an ABC book for Jackson. I'm taking photos (at least 1 for each letter) of stuff in his world and then putting it in a book for him. I think it will make it more personal for him to see his own Balls, Daddy's Keys, Daddy's Wallet, his Stroller, his Train, our Vacuum cleaner, etc. A friend of a friend did this for her little girl and I thought it was a great idea.
9 years ago
3 comments:
Girl, I feel exactly what you are feeling. I was just telling a friend this morning that I am so tired of living in "limbo." I just want to know at least part of God's plan...all we can be sure of, though, is that His plan is to prosper us and not harm us. He has our future in His ever capable hands. The sooner I figure that out the better. And by the way, you are very good at sharing your heart.
I love the ABC book idea. I might have to do that myself!
Have a great day.
Hey sweet Adrienne. Hang in there! I know it's got to be rough to be so far from family and "old" friends, but you do an amazing job all you do. Praying God's blessings over your life.
Miss you!
The ABC book is a great idea.
I know how hard it is to wait on the Lord to show you what He wants for your future. Being patient is so very difficult. You would think as you get older being patient would get better, but it doesn't. We all want to know everything right now.
Post a Comment