Saturday, October 4, 2008

"Clean...Wash...Dishes?"

Lately, Jackson has an interest in "washing" dishes. Really, he just plays in the sink, pours water from measuring cups into bigger bowls, fills the sponge with water and then squeezes it out - sometimes in the sink, sometimes on the counter, and sometimes on the floor - and explores the workings of the faucet. It's great fun for him and surely a learning time as well. Whenever he wants to play in the sink, he asks me, "Wash?" or "Clean?" and then one of those follows with "Dishes." I captured some photos last Thursday of my little helper in action.

The famous Jackson squealing face:

Having fun:

Hearing Daddy come home:

3 comments:

The Cabe Family said...

So cute! Carson (8) and Christopher (6) will still do this! I really have no idea what the appeal is, but I have let them do this since they were little too and they sometimes even "play together" while "washing" the dishes. :)

Reality is Better Than Your Dreams said...

Oh my goodness- that is too cute... I LOVE the apron!

Anonymous said...

Well, little Adrienne, here we go again. Always curious and very busy. You loved playing in the sink and using the sprayer to help me with the dishes. You and Melissa use to argue as to who was going to get it first. Many a wet floor!!!!!!!!