Tuesday, Jackson and I took my dad to Cologne. I wanted him to see the cathedral and to visit the chocolate museum. (I think every chocoholic should visit the museum.) On our way to the cathedral, we passed by a Starbucks. I was so excited to see Starbucks because I collect their city and country mugs. Much to my delight, they had the Cologne mug!!! Yay!!!
My brother is a store manager for a Starbucks. My dad had me taking pictures of the store so I could send them to Ronald. Looks pretty similar, don't you think!
My dad was very impressed with the cathedral. He couldn't believe that only 100 men were a part of the initial construction and then 700 men finished it in (I think) 38 years. A service started not long after we arrived. Jackson and I went outside to run around and play, and my dad stayed inside to experience the German service. The cathedral is so massive, it's nearly impossible to get a good photograph unless you are standing a large distance from it.
As Jackson and I were leaving the cathedral, I asked him if I could take a picture of him. He was so cute. He not only posed for one picture, but kept asking for more!
There is a cafe inside and we sat down to enjoy a wonderful dessert. Jackson kept wanting to hold the menu. When it was out of reach, he blurted out, "I need that!" He's talking so much now. I really can't believe how fast his speech is developing. This is such a fun stage!
I was sharing with Jackson...or should I say he was sharing with me. I opted for the raspberry cream dessert since I know he loves raspberries. He loved it!
Well, the game is over and I'm sick to my stomach. We had an amazing comeback but lost our lead with only 8 seconds on the clock. Our chance at the national championship and playing in the Big 12 is over. It's so hard when the Big 12 South is so good. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should go back to bed, work out (something I haven't done in almost two weeks), or start packing up the stuff that we're putting in the mail and in our suitcases. The movers come Monday-Wednesday to pack up and ship all of our stuff. We've got a busy week ahead of us.
6 comments:
All of the pictures are so good. The cathedral is massive and so beautiful.
Well, I see Jackson has on his red shoes and carrying his yellow car. Honey I know that chocolate cake was calling your name. I know I would love the raspberry one.
Getting closer and closer to having all of you home. YEAH!!!!!
Love you bunchessssssssssss!
I want to go to the chocolate museum :) I am so excited for you that the movers are coming! What are your plans?
It sounds like you had a great time with your dad. A chocolate museum sounds delightful, and that cathedral was amazing!
I was sad too about the TX loss! What a bummer.
Chat soon.
The game was such a bummer! But we still have a chance...if OU and OSU beat TT....AND if LSU loses....then we could still go to the National Championship...maybe?!?!
I will be praying for all of your packing this week!!! Love yoU!
holy cow!!! jackson is so big!! haven't seen you around...hope all is well!!!
Three of my favorite things...church, chocolate and coffee..! Hope to see y'all soon. - Matt C.
Post a Comment