Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Big Brother and a Baby Sister!

It's a GIRL!!!!

Yes, we decided to find out our baby's gender. Jason really wanted to know (I think that's kind of cute.) He had tons of really great reasons as to why we should find out, but I only had one good reason for wanting to wait. In the end, I decided that it was a much bigger sacrifice for him to wait than it was for me to find out early. He NEVER ever pressured me into finding out (that's not Jason). He just told me what he wanted. To be honest, I'm really glad that we did find out. I feel so different now that I know its a she!

I can't believe that I'm carrying a little princess! I've always seen myself with about five boys and feared for my daughter if I ever had one. I'm not like some of my friends (Erica S....yes, you!) who are incredible moms to girls. You know, the ones who seem like they are the perfect example of what a girl should grow up to be? I've just never thought I would make a good 'girl' mom.

The morning of Super Bowl Sunday, I had a dream that I was having a girl. It was the first time that I ever thought that I might actually have a girl...and I was excited about it! From that moment on, I had a feeling that this sweet baby was a girl. (I also dreamed during my pregnancy with Jackson that I was having a boy, so it really made me wonder about this dream.) Then, when I went home for Meredith's shower and I saw all of the girl stuff, I just seemed to have a feeling about it.

I absolutely did not care if I was having a boy or a girl. Either way, I was excited. When the sonographer said, "It looks like a girl to me!" I was in shock. She showed us the three lines (the labia) and it was very clear that this baby is a girl. Thank You, Lord for that! I needed "very clear". Here's a photo of the three lines:

I love how they spelled my name - Adrian. I even corrected it on the form whenever I signed in.

Here's our family after we found out:

Jackson noted that the sonographer was wearing a glove when he wanted to know what that "thing" was that she was rubbing on my tummy. She gave him a glove before we left. I should also note that Jackson made sure my bladder was full. In the waiting room, they had one of those water dispensers. You know, the ones with hot and cold? Well, he loved filling the cups. He kept wanting to fill them, so he'd ask me, "Will you drink my water all gone?" Then he'd ask, "May I get more!?!" or "May I do it again, Mama?!" I drank so much extra water that I felt sick to my stomach!

I'm going to buy a baby name book tomorrow since all of ours are in storage. On our way to Colorado and Utah, we're going to pick out some girl names that we like. It's going to be fun!

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh A...I am so full of joy for you! You are going to be an incredible girl mommy. I cannot wait to snuggle that angel baby in my own arms.
XOXO

Erica said...

You are too sweet!
You have SO much to teach a precious little girl. She is greatly blessed to have you for a mom! Congratulations! By the way, I love your new look! How did you do it?

Beeker said...

Oh how fun...you have to let me know what its like to have a girl!! I think the pink and purple is so cute also! Yay...so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about this baby being a granddaughter. What fun having two granddaughters so close together. I am going to have so much fun playing dolls with them...
love mother

Katie said...

Um hello girl-you are totally the perfect example of what a girl should grow up to be! Congrats!

Unknown said...

That is so exciting! I am very happy for you guys. It will be an all new adventure for you with great memories! You will be a great "girl-mom"!

The Carmichael's said...

What wonderful news! I know you'll be a wonderful mother to this little girl.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for the three of you, and I really think you'll make an excellent Mom to a little girl!! You have it in you for sure!!

:) I look forward to seeing what names you come up with, be safe and enjoy your FAMILY TIME!

Much love.

Beth

The Zkiabs said...

YEAH Congratulations on baby girl Exum! You are a terrific mother! I can't to see what she looks like. I enjoyed your Colo pictures, brought back lots of memories!!

Miss you guys