Every night, we have the same routine: brush teeth, change diaper and put on jammies, crawl into Jackson's bed, pray for the Lord to teach us in the Bible story and thank Him for things, read the Bible story, give lots of hugs and kisses, turn out the light, and then Jason prays over our family. Every night, we always thank the Lord for each other and for Christ. Unless the night is really late, we mention many other people and things we're thankful for. Sometimes you wonder if your child is really listening. Apparently, he has been!
As we are praying, Jackson often adds in things that he is thankful for. He started this a couple of weeks ago when he said, "Oh, and for Teddy. And for Puppy Dog." (These are his stuffed animals.)
Several nights ago, while he was falling asleep, I heard him talking. I couldn't make out the first part of what he said, but here is what I did hear: "Thank You for PaPa and Coco and Sassy. Thank You for Colin's jeep. I love drive. Thank You for Colin's lawnmower. I like push. Thank You for green jeep. Thank You for slide and trampoline. Thank You for trampoline. Thank You for trampoline."
It was precious. Coco is my parent's dog. Sassy is our cat who currently lives with my parents. Colin is his cousin and he has a green jeep that drives and a push lawnmower. The slide and the trampoline are all in my sister's backyard along with the jeep and the lawnmower.
At lunch this week, Jackson was helping me pray and he said, "Thank You that Dada works so hard." Thursday night, he thanked the Lord for our lasagna, our salads, our waters (individually), the salad dressing, and the Parmesan cheese, which he loves to eat in huge chunks.
These are such precious times with him. My heart aches that I can't write down everything he does. He constantly amazes me and I just hope the Lord helps me to remember it all.
9 years ago
4 comments:
That is so very sweet and truly inspirational!
Jackson,
Thank you for praying for PaPa.Thank you to Adrienne and Jason for a wonderful family and thank you LORD for all my blessed family. I love you guys oddles and gobs.
The Big One
This brings back great memories of
trying to write down everything that all of you said when you were little. I have a lot of things writen down, but there was never enough time or I did not have a piece of paper to write everything.
I am so thankful that my children are teaching my grandchildren about the Lord and the importance of honoring our Heavenly Father with prayer. What a blessing.
Love, from the other half of, "The Big One".......
Hey girl, got your email...here is my email address cristiemercer@yahoo.com Can't wait to hear from you. And by the way, my ankles were totally normal yesterday..I drank a little over 100oz of water yesterday and put my feet up on a pillow when I went to sleep! YAY, no more cankles! My brother in law gets married on Saturday....I just hope my ankles stay ankles until then.
Post a Comment