Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Alli's First Song

When Jackson was born, I used the tunes of various nursery rhymes and made up new words that spoke about Jackson. Now that Allison is here, I have to do the same for her. I love singing to my kids...and I am NOT gifted vocally nor lyrically. It's just fun to change the words and sing about my child.

The first song we wrote for Jackson was to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" so I used the same tune for Allison's first song.

Allison, Allison, Allison Michele
God's gift to us our sweet Allibelle
Big blue eyes, a sweet soft smell
We'll cuddle and we'll kiss our sweet Allibelle
Allison, Allison, Allison Michele
God's gift to us our sweet Allibelle

Our sweet Allibelle (1 month old):

3 comments:

Beeker said...

Cute song Adrienne! You are such a wonderful mommy! Alli is growing so big so fast! Enjoy!

Erica said...

So sweet. I had a song for each of my girls, too and they still love for me to sing them.

Erica said...

Sweet friend, you are WAY too hard on yourself. Need I remind you that you just delivered a healthy baby girl, AT HOME, with not drugs...that is something I wouldn't even attempt! You cook organic food from scratch and make your own granola! AMAZING! We each have things that come easily to us and things that stretch us further than we ever thought we could be stretched.
As far as time management. I just rarely sit. I try to be productive with something at all times. Sometimes I over do it and then end up making a huge mess in the kitchen for lack of attention!
You are doing great. You are an amazing wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend!