Our sweet Allibelle giggled for the first time tonight! And what was the cause of her happy pleasure? None other than her beloved Jackson:)
We have an end table next our couch. Jackson loves to get on the table and plunge to the couch cushions, either forwards or backwards. Our couches are leather, so it makes noise whenever his energetic little body makes landing. Tonight, Jason was sitting on the couch holding Allison while Jackson was taking his Nestea plunges. (Remember those '80's commercials?! "Take the Nestea, Nestea plunge!" Well, that's what Jason calls it whenever Jackson does this on the bed or sofa.) Allison was facing out and watching Jackson when, all of a sudden, we heard 4 giggles! (And thank You, Lord, that I heard her. I had been in the bedroom trying on a dress for my brother's wedding and just happened to walk out at the moment of her first laugh. I would have been one sad Mama to have missed that.) Jason and I both looked at each other with wide eyes and excitement. Did we just hear our baby laugh?! "Jackson, do it again!" came out both of our mouths. He happily obliged and she laughed a second time. I ran to get the video camera. We had Jackson continue jumping, but she wouldn't laugh again. Isn't that how it always happens? (And by the way, Jackson was so excited that she was watching him!)
I turned the camera off and went back to trying on dresses. When I came out, Jason was standing up with Allison and Jackson was bouncing like a bunny across the cushions. Would you believe she giggled again?! Two more times!! We think it was the noise from his feet hitting the leather cushions that made her laugh. I tried again to get it on video, but had no luck at all. I can't wait to look and see when Jackson first laughed. I don't remember it happening so soon.
Update: I got it on camera this morning!! Jackson woke up and asked if I would bring her in the living room so that he could bounce on the couch and she could laugh. It was so cute. He loves to make her smile and (now) laugh. (14 Oct 09)
9 years ago
2 comments:
I love the firsts! Doesn't it just warm your heart?! Thank you, Lord, that you made Jackson feel important in these moments!
I think that she is really young to be laughing out loud, but they are all so different. There will be many more precious memeories of those two. Now, when he makes her mad the first time, it will really be memorable....love Grammie
Post a Comment