Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Game of Life

Did you ever play that game when you were a kid? The game of Life? I LOVED to play that game. What little girl doesn't like to "play life" and fill her car full of babies. Twins! I always wanted to have twins. I have fond memories of playing that game with my two sisters. And now we are filling our cars with babies and I can't imagine two girls I'd rather share life with.

Jackson has a few board games. This morning, while Jason was at the men's retreat at our church, Jackson and I got the games out. I never let him play Life because it's way too old for him. He always insists on playing it because there are cars. Today, I obliged. We didn't really play. We just filled cars with people. It was so funny to hear him tell me which people were going into which car, who was driving, and who was sitting elsewhere. Dawson, my nephew, was in every car but one! My boy loves his cousin Dawson.

I had told him that I couldn't play Life until Allison was asleep because watching her and explaining the game was too much for my brain to handle. Filling cars I could handle while she was awake, but not playing the game. While I was nursing Allison, Jackson came into my bedroom several times asking if she was asleep. When the answer was finally yes, he was beside himself with excitement. He got all of the game pieces and put them on his bed. He was ready to go.

Jason got home while we were in the middle of setting up the game. We got our cars in position and I told him that he either had to go to college or start his job (career). He opted to start his job. I asked him what kind of job he wanted. His answer?

"I want to have a job just like Daddy's job."

And I'm so blessed to have a man worthy of that kind of admiration.

Jason, when I married you, I had no idea that I was getting such an amazing father to my children. Thank you for loving them with abundant and patient love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that. The two qualities I admire in Jason the most, is his patience and unfailing love for his family. The love he has for you, Adrienne, and the children is a blessing from God. I always know that my daughter is being taken care of, but most of all, you are loved abundantly. I have three amazing son-in-laws and one daughter-in-law, and those qualities stand out in all of them. The most precious gift that I can receive is to know beyond a doubt, that all of my children will always love and be there for each other. (I don’t like the in-law part.) My grandchildren are all so blessed, because of the examples that they have before them. It is amazing…….love you

Erica said...

So sweet...isn't it great when we go along with our kids and it blesses us!