My baby girl is 11 months old today. We're one month away from her first birthday. I can't believe it! I haven't posted monthly milestones like I had hoped because life has been too busy for me, but I do have a few minutes tonight to share a couple of things.
She took her first steps on Tuesday!! We were so excited. She was opening the bathroom drawer. She stood in front of it and pushed against it. It closed partly and she wanted to grab it again, so she took two steps forward to reach it. When I saw her do that, I took her into the family room to see if she would walk to me. I also set up the video camera so that Jason could see when he got home from work. She took several steps toward me. I think the most she took was five. That evening and every day since, she walks a little bit more. She's really excited about it too! I love to watch her look at me and smile whenever she lets go of something and tries to walk. She is my happy girl!
We took some pictures today...to commemorate 11 months and her newfound skill:

"Uh...not yet."






For Jackson's third birthday, my parents got him a three-wheeled scooter. He LOVES it! He loves anything with wheels - his car, his truck, his bicycle, his tricycle, his scooter, etc. Our neighbors have two children that are 7 and 10. They both have two-wheeled Razors {kick scooters}. They are an extremely gracious family and the kids let Jackson use their scooters, which gives him intense pleasure because "they have two wheels and not three" and the footboard "is not so big." Usually, he just pushes it around, but today, he actually rode it with one foot on and the other foot off the ground. Then, I asked him if he could try putting both feet on the scooter. He didn't think he could but he tried, and would you believe it, he did it! I was impressed. It's so fun to watch kids develop and learn new skills. He rode that scooter all day and evening. Lainey, thanks so much for your kindness! Jackson was in heaven!!
We started the day lifting the foot off the ground:


He always exits as if he's laying down his "dirt bike":





I think we may be taking the training wheels off of his bike soon!




He can do it! He surprised himself with both feet on the scooter and being able to balance.

Jackson, I am so happy for you! You worked so hard and your persistence paid off. I have the best time watching all of your cool tricks. I love you so much!
1 comment:
My grandchildren are awesome.
Allison you beat your mother walking. She didn't walk until after her first birthday. Way to go sweetie.
Jackson, Grammie is so proud of you. What an accomplishment. I do bet those training wheels come off of your bicycle very soon. Grammie know that YOU CAN DO IT!
Love you so much...
Post a Comment