Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That's What Sisters Are For

I got this card in the mail from my sister Meredith yesterday. I laughed so hard when I read it.


We had a long conversation until after midnight the other night. (And let me just say how thankful I am for her in my life. I am always thankful for her, but I am especially thankful for her in this season. This is the hardest season of my life so far, and it's an incredible blessing to be able to talk to her as I walk through my days.) In a more lighthearted part of the conversation, I told her that I'd eaten two pints of really amazing gelato in a 24 hour period. She tried so hard to not make me feel to bad about it by confessing to eating two cookies from Whole Foods. Two cookies from Whole Foods! We're not comparing apples to apples. Two cookies vs two pints of ice cream. Hmm, Let me think...yes, no comparison. I don't know what got into me the night I bought the ice cream or in the 24 hour period in which I ate both pints. Perhaps this was a symptom of PMS?! It's been so long since I've had it. I'll take pregnancy and breastfeeding over PMS any day!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Benita said...

Sisters and friends forever..I am so thankful that all of you are close and have great relationships with each other. It is great for my heart to know that when I am gone, you will have each other.

Amen to no PMS...I can speak from great experience with that trial. I was not a nice person during that time...you're poor father.