Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In His Eyes, We're Perfect

What is wrong with this picture?

I was tempted to correct him, but then I decided I'd let him figure it out over time.

On second thought, maybe that's how God sees us? He makes us in His image just exactly as He wants to. We are the ones who see something different. Why is it that we consider those differences imperfections? God doesn't make mistakes. His plans are perfect.

I wish I would trust Him more during this season. I wish I would trust Him to change me. I wish I would believe in my mind AND heart that He has a beautiful purpose for these hard and lonely parenting days. I wish I would stop thinking that I'm so important that I might mess up something He has planned to do in me or my children. I feel out of control. I'm sure that's exactly where He wants me...so I'll learn that He's in control and I need to depend on Him and not myself.

And all of this came from looking at Mrs. Potato Head and her little spud...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Beeker said...

Amen and Amen!!! I hear ya sister and feel the same way! I feel like a mess of a parent most all of the days....Praise the Lord He is our Father!

Benita said...

Motherhood! Well, as your mother, I can tell you from experience, that there were many days my hands,ears,eyes and mouth were all in the wrong places. I did not listen when I needed to and my hands got in the way of what God wanted me to do. I had plans, I knew best, WRONG,WRONG!

The Lord had to put a halt to my plans and put things back into perspective. Teaching me to let HIM set the course and show me how things should be done. Not my ways Lord, but Yours. Giving me the words to speak and the actions to use that would honor Him. There were many times when my eyes were out of focus and I was blinded by "I know best"... again -WRONG!

All He expects is for us to listen and honor Him in everything that we do. We are the caretakers, of the children He has placed in our care; to nourish, love, raise and to teach them His words of grace and the remarkable gift of Himself for their salvation. That is an incredible responsibility, but if He did not think we were up for the task, then He would not have blessed us with these precious children, that make our lives so wonderful and so loved.

So don't second guess yourself. Look to Him and He will give you all that you need, to be the mother of your dreams. Your children are so blessed to have you as their mother. Just ask them. You are so loved....I love you, mother