Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Endorphins for Mommy, Messes for Daddy

Last night, I went to the gym for the first time in years! I was planning to go on a walk before we put the kids to bed. Neither of the kids wanted to go on a walk with me, which is a rarity, so Jason agreed to stay with them while I walked. We were driving to our temporary lodging place on base when we passed by the gym. I thought to myself, "If I'm going to be by myself, why not go to the gym and get on the elliptical machine?!" I LOVE elliptical machines and the place we're staying is right down the street from the gym.

Can I just say, it was glorious!! It was so great that I was hoping no one looked my way because often times I had a huge smile on my face while working out. I got to listen to my own music, have thoughts to myself, and pray without any interruptions! My workout felt so great. My legs felt so strong afterwards. I really enjoy exercising, but this past year made finding time to do it a real challenge and my body definitely suffered. I'm by no means a workout queen. I simply enjoy exercising and taking care of my body, but I'm not a fanatic about it in any way.

I was so grateful to Jason for giving me this time. I felt so encouraged and recharged once I got home. I wasn't gone for long, but just that small amount of time made such a difference. And would you like to know what Jason endured while I was gone?

That would be chocolate milk all over the floor! Jason gave the kids chocolate milk and while he was changing out of his work clothes, Jackson spit his milk all over the floor! Jackson! Not Allison. Jackson! And then to ice the cake, Allison took off her diaper and peed on the floor while Jason was moping up the mess. I felt so bad. While I was enjoying the wonderful effects of endorphins, Jason was cleaning up messes and dealing with unruly children. Poor Daddy!

Jace, thank you for an hour of bliss! I'm sorry that your hour wasn't as blissful.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Beeker said...

: ) I'm sorry for Jason that he ended up cleaning up messes, but it happens quite often at our house also. I'm glad you could workout Adrienne...I always feel great after I workout. I've been trying to get back into swimming...another tricky thing to do as a mommy! We love you all!

Benita said...

Well Sweetie, how well I remember things like that happening when all of you were little. It's just a little bump in the road of raising children, with lots of patience and relying on the Lord to get us through. I am so happy that you were able to have that time to yourself. All mothers need that desperately. Jason is tough and I know he loved being able to give you that time. Love you!