I would just like to applaud all mothers with twins or two children who are very close to the same age. Caleb, being the heavier of the two, was in my left arm...the one I usually carry Jackson with. Jackson was in my right arm...my dominant arm but apparently lagging behind my left after a year of carrying Jackson around. There were several times that I had to give Jackson the hip push-up b/c after a few minutes, I was carrying him under his arms instead of under his bottom.
Oh, it wasn't that hard - just an adjustment. Grocery carts only accommodate one child (but the basket makes a great place for the second when you are only getting bananas). Then, after I was finished shopping, I was thinking about how I was going to carry both boys, the grocery bag, and my wallet.
We successfully made it back to the car, got both boys strapped in, and headed to another village where we met some friends from church for a play date. The boys had a great time! We met at a place that everyone calls the playhouse. It is full of toys, things to climb on, cars to push around and drive around, a mini moonwalk for toddlers, puzzles, trains, toys that make all kinds of sounds, etc. It's a child's dream and a mother's place of sanity in the winter when it's too cold to play outside. Here are some pictures of their fun-filled time at the playhouse:
Caleb behind the wheel

"Jackson, I think I've got it figured out."

"I'll push. You drive."

Caleb in the moonwalk

"Jackson, don't eat the crayons."

"I can stick my tongue out too."


Uh-Oh!

Brycen pushing Jackson

Brycen and Caleb working on the railroad
Back at our house:
Thank you Kevin and Sheri for letting us have Caleb for the day!
Oh, I should also mention something very special. Yesterday, we called PaPa...again. While they were talking (Jackson and PaPa), Jackson said, "Paaaww-Paaaaaaw. Paw-Paaaw!" It was so cute that I could hardly hold back the tears! He actually said it once before (26 Jan) but it wasn't as clear as today. I was also looking at his face when he said it this time. He was working so hard to say it right. It was priceless. He officially knows how to say it well b/c today he kept saying it several times throughout the day...PaPa, PaPa, PaPa, PaPa. We even called PaPa so that he could hear it! (Sorry Grandma, Grammy, aunts and uncles. PaPa is just the easiest to start with. :)
"Jackson, I think I've got it figured out."
"I'll push. You drive."
Caleb in the moonwalk
"Jackson, don't eat the crayons."
"I can stick my tongue out too."
This was a popular car:
Beep! Beep!
Uh-Oh!
Brycen pushing Jackson
Brycen and Caleb working on the railroad
Back at our house:
Caleb is a Little People man...he loves them!
Thank you Kevin and Sheri for letting us have Caleb for the day!
Oh, I should also mention something very special. Yesterday, we called PaPa...again. While they were talking (Jackson and PaPa), Jackson said, "Paaaww-Paaaaaaw. Paw-Paaaw!" It was so cute that I could hardly hold back the tears! He actually said it once before (26 Jan) but it wasn't as clear as today. I was also looking at his face when he said it this time. He was working so hard to say it right. It was priceless. He officially knows how to say it well b/c today he kept saying it several times throughout the day...PaPa, PaPa, PaPa, PaPa. We even called PaPa so that he could hear it! (Sorry Grandma, Grammy, aunts and uncles. PaPa is just the easiest to start with. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment