i guess it's time i started this blog thing. my sister started one a couple of years ago and i was like, "blog? what in the world is a blog?" i've had a few run-ins with it since then but nothing very significant. an old high school friend had one and i found so much encouragement and amusement reading her blog. then, my friend natalie started one and that got me really interested b/c i started looking at other blogs...even blogs of people i don't even know. i quickly found out that it was totally normal! it appears that it's a great way to journal and to pass on info about your life to family, friends, and any other person who finds some interest in your life.
the real benefit for me is to talk about all of the changes that my 1 year old son is going through. he changes every day and i don't want to forget any of it! i also want his grandparents, aunts and uncles, and family friends to know what is going on in his life since we live so far from them. it's easier to post a blog (or is it blog a post :) ) than to send individual emails. i'm trying to simplify my life b/c there are too many things competing for my attention...and one just can't wait!
my goal is to post at least once per week. i really hope this doesn't turn out like so many other things that i start. i want it to last! but i guess everything has it's time and i just have to reevaluate my expectations...that's something i really need to work on!
well, my little man is sound asleep (which is how i'm able to write this) after a wonderful day of catching up with old friends. we had two dear friends from italy stop by and we all went to trier to visit some of germany's oldest city's sites. until next time...
9 years ago
2 comments:
Adrienne is a blogger! Welcome to the club. Oh, I would think the correct phraseology would be to "post a blog." I miss you guys too much. Tell my best friend I said hello.
Ronald
Hi! I do remember you from way back at the Met. Natalie is such a special person...And I remember Jason. Nice to see you in the blogosphere! I too, love the ease of connection to others, both known and unknown. I love the way it allows me to journal happenings in my family. And I love the way it gives me a creative outlet.
I am reading back and piecing together what is happening in your lives from your blog. Do I have it right? You are in Germany now, but are planning to travel to Ireland next week and then planning a trip to the states at the end of the month and then ultimately to move back to the states this year?
Your baby boy is a cutie!
Post a Comment