Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

At this point, Jason could potentially feel left out with my brother and both brother-in-laws birthdays in May! Thank goodness my dad's birthday is in August! Our family is so blessed with the men God has brought into it either by blood or marriage.

Jonathan is my big sister's husband of almost 9 years. Here's a photo of him holding his third son:

Jonathan,
Saturday birthdays don't come very often, so I hope you take full advantage of the day and really enjoy yourself! Of all of the in-laws, you've been around the longest...13 years, I think! You've known me since my teeny-bopper days (as my dad likes to call them), and you've known my unreformed and reformed heart. Amazingly, your care for me has remained constant even through all of my ups and downs, which is a testimony of your heart's loyalty to Christ.

The greatest gifts you have given me are loving Jesus Christ above all and loving my sister more than yourself. When Melissa was at a low in her life, you came along on your white horse, fully armored, and swept her off of her feet. Our family hasn't stopped thanking God since. You are a terrific husband, amazing father, and super caring brother/son-in-law. You are so patient, so kind, and so forgiving. You're so brilliant and yet able to have silly fun. Your three boys have a wonderful example of a godly man in their father!

Today, of all days, I hope you know how much you are appreciated and loved. You've known me for so long and have seen me through so much, that you feel like a big brother to me (something I always wanted). We love and miss you so much and can't wait to be together as a family. I am extremely excited for our boys to play together. I've been looking forward to the day for a while. Have a fantastic day and a yummy birthday cake! I wish we could be there to celebrate these May birthdays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No truer words were ever spoken. My son-in-law is an amazing man of God. I am so honored to be his mother-in-law. Jon, you are so loved by this family. Happy Birthday.......Mom "Big B"