I have a quick story to share. Last night, I walked into Jackson's room to do our bedtime routine. Every night, we lye in the same spots on his bed while we read Bible stories and say prayers. My snoogle (my pregnancy pillow, which is saving my nights on an air mattress) was on his bed in my spot. Jackson was sitting on his bed inside my snoogle.
I said, "Are you laying on my snoogle?!"
He laughed and said, "Yes!"
Then I said, "Hey! That's my snoogle! Are you going to sleep curled up in it?"
His reply, "Yes!" with smiles.
Then Jason said, "I'm want to lay on Mama's snoogle!"
Jackson looked at him and said, "No. This is Mama's."
Jason started to pretend cry. Jackson thought it was funny but I convinced him that he should make sure that Daddy was okay. So Jackson went over to Jason, rubbed his shoulder, and said, "Are you okay, Dada?" They hugged and then Jason flipped Jackson over his head and into his spot on the bed. We all got into our spots and then Jackson looked at me and said, "I want Dada to cry again."
I said, "Oh no. You don't want Dada to cry again."
He looked at Jason and said, "Dada, cry again."
Jason said, "No. I don't like to cry."
I said, "Yeah, we don't like it when Dada cries. He was only pretending. If Dada really cries, then we'll be crying too."
Jackson insisted on Dada crying again, but we said no. Then Jackson looked at Jason, pointed to my snoogle, and said, "That's Mama's."
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment