When Jackson was a baby, he loved to be sung to. He hated his car seat and car rides for the first 4 months of his life. Singing to him was one of the only ways to calm him down. I would sing all kinds of praise and worship songs. If you can believe it, I didn't really know any lullabies. I could hum the tunes to several, but I could not remember the words. Then there were lullabies that I remembered the words to, but would not dare sing them to my child (like Rock-a-bye Baby). I wanted to sing him lullabies, so I just made up my own words.
I don't want to forget these songs. They were so fun to sing and he loved them so much. Some of them I've made up since we've been back in Oklahoma because he still loves it when I sing to him. Here are the lullabies/songs that I can think of right now:
To the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (Jason and I put these words together while getting ready for my birthday dinner in February 2007):
Jackson, Jackson Christopher
We love you, you can be sure
Your life brings us so much joy
You're our precious little boy
Jackson, Jackson Christopher
We love you, you can be sure
To the tune of Rock-a-bye Baby (We bought rocker/recliners on New Year's so that we'd have a place to sit in our apartment since we don't have our furniture yet. Jackson loves to rock, so I made up this song. He requests it often!):
Rock-a-bye Jackson
In Mama's lap
When Mama rocks Jackson, he loves where he's at
When Jackson falls asleep, Mommy will rest too
Then Mama and Jackson rock together again
Also to the tune of Rock-a-bye Baby (I sang this one in Germany when he moved from his crib to his big bed):
Go to bed Jackson
In your big bed
When naptime/nighttime is here, Jackson goes to bed
When Jackson goes to sleep, Mommy will get rest
Then Mama and Jackson play together again
I think this is to the tune of Brahms Lullaby, but I'm not sure. It's from a tune that I heard on one of Jackson's toys that I got at one of my showers. I put words to this tune on our first walk into the Wittlich town center whenever we were living there for two months while waiting on our house in Germany:
Go to sleep, go to sleep
Go to sleep little baby
Go to sleep now, go to sleep
So your body can get rest
Go to sleep, go to sleep
Go to sleep my sweet boy
Go to sleep, go to sleep
Mama loves you so much
On Veggie Tales' Josh and the Big Wall, there is a song they sing (I don't know the title) when they are marching around the wall. They say, "Keep walking...and you won't knock down our wall" or something like that. I saw this Veggie Tales years ago but the song stuck in my head. When Jackson was a few months old, I put these words to it during diaper changes:
Clean diaper
For Jackson Christopher
Clean daiper
For Jackson Christopher
It's plain to see, your diaper is dirty
So, clean diaper
For Jackson Christopher
Then I put these words to it whenever Allison and I were having play dates with Grace and Jackson:
Grace Egert
She's my very first friend
With Grace Egert
The fun just never ends
It's plain to see, Grace loves to be with me
So Grace Egert
She's my very first friend
These next two are to the tune of London Bridge. I recently made up this one after visiting a church in Edmond. They sent Jackson home with a Bible study sheet for families and they had a song on there to this tune. I changed some of the words and he loves it. He asks me to sing it each night:
God made Jackson
God made Jackson
Thank You, God
Thank You, God
God made Jackson Christopher
God made Jackson Christopher
Thank You, God
Thank You, God
God made Jackson
God made Jackson
Yes He did
Yes He did
God made Jackson's blue eyes
God made Jackson's brilliant mind
Yes He did
Yes He did
9 years ago
2 comments:
Those are precious songs...I may have to steal 1 or 2 and insert Tyler into them if you don't mind!
I love it....I think you need to record them for Jackson so he can listen anytime. I will love singing to him when we are together. Can't wait to come to Oklahoma for a visit.....love grammie
Post a Comment