Thursday, February 26, 2009

Meredith's Baby Shower

A few Saturdays ago - it was the 7th to be exact - we were in Houston for my younger sister's baby shower. Meredith is expecting her firstborn in early April and she is having a girl. This will be the first granddaughter in our family of four grandsons, so everyone is pretty excited.

Jason, Jackson and I left for Houston on Thursday afternoon. We stopped in Dallas to pick up a gift and some decorations from my cousin Amber. I haven't seen her, her husband Gabe, or her two children Hayden and Hailey since Jackson was three weeks old. It was wonderful to see her family. Our children played and we had a very quick time of catching up before we hit the road for the second leg of our drive.

We spent Friday with Jason's Mom. We went to the mall to buy me something to wear to the shower. All of my maternity clothes are in our household goods shipment, which we won't have until we move into our house in May!!! Although I'm not hugely pregnant, I'm too big for my pre-pregnancy clothes, especially since I didn't pack any of my larger clothes when we left Germany. (I didn't know that I was pregnant.)

Friday night, my parents watched Jackson while Jason and I had a wonderful sushi dinner with Ronald and Christy. (Christy is my brother's very wonderful girlfriend.) Jason and I enjoyed the opportunity to have some quality time as a couple. We never had a night out while we were living in Germany, so this was a wonderful treat!

Saturday was shower day. I spent the entire day preparing for, celebrating at, and cleaning up the shower. It was wonderful! I got to spend the whole day with my mom and sisters while Jason took Jackson over to his mom's during the day so that they could see Ryan and Megan. I should mention how much I love my husband. He is always thrilled to be with Jackson and I never have to worry about how much fun they'll be having while I'm off doing something else! It's fantastic!

Since Meredith now lives in Arkansas, she chose to have one large shower in Houston rather than a few small showers. We were expecting a lot of people, so we hosted her shower at Melissa's church. Here are some photos from the day. (Thank you, Ronald, for being our photographer and supplying all of the addicts with their Starbucks fix for the day!)


Ronald and Meredith:

The sign-in table (if you look closely, you'll see the adorable sign-in plate that my mom made:

The hostesses (me, Melissa, Mom, and Danna) Danna is a friend of Meredith's from college. Christy also hosted the shower, but she got very sick that morning and didn't make it. Bummer! However, she did show up when it was time to clean up. Isn't that selfless?! It also appears that I either have a large bubble butt or white train on my dress. It's the tablecloth!

Before the shower, Melissa sent Ryan a list of questions that she wanted him to answer. At the shower, Meredith had to try and guess how Ryan answered. If you know Ryan, then you know he is very witty. Many of his answers had us in hysterics. For example, when asked what he would be doing while Meredith was in labor, he answered, "Updating her facebook status to 'in labor'!"

Here is a photo of my great Aunt Dorothy and her daughter, my second cousin, Dahna, laughing at Ryan's answers:

Hysterics, I told you!

This next photo looks the same but I wanted you to see the adorable diaper cakes that my mom handmade for each table. They all looked a little different and they were all amazing.

Meredith was showered with tons of wonderful gifts! I was the record keeper of everything she got and Melissa did a great job of displaying everything. It was so much fun!

Jason came towards the end of the shower. A lot of people were asking to see Jackson since they hadn't seen him since he was an infant. The shower was right in the middle of his naptime. He fell asleep about 10 minutes before they arrived and didn't even stir when Jason got him out of the car and brought him inside. Jason's mom was more than happy to hold her sleeping grandson. Isn't that a sweet photo?


Sunday, we packed our stuff and then headed to Conroe for my nephew's 7th birthday party. I'll have to save that post for later since my sweet one just woke from his nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, you are very gracious with your praises. The shower was so much fun. I would love doing this type of stuff. The plate was so much fun to make....love you mother