Jackson's birthday started a little like Christmas morning. We had his birthday present waiting for him when he woke up. Here he is on his way to see it:
A MONSTER TRUCK! I have never met a boy so interested in cars. He has a Power Wheels Lightning McQueen car that he has loved. Our neighbors' twins have a Barbie Jeep and he always talks about it because it seats two people. Of all of the things we could have bought for him, we thought he would enjoy this the most. It seats two, has a drink holder and a radio, and the tailgate lowers down - all things that he LOVES.
A short test run before taking it outside:
Saturday had been a beautiful day but Sunday was terrible. It was cold and drizzly. Not good weather for a boy who just got a truck. But it all worked out. We went out several different times when it wasn't drizzling, and when it was wet, we spent time inside enjoying cake and presents and playing.
Tuning the radio:

Present Time! These are some of the gifts that family and friends sent for Jackson:
Chutes and Ladders!!
A cash register! When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he always said, "a cash register." Grandma made sure he got one. He loves the scanner. He was scanning cars and people. He scanned Michelle and told her that she weighed five dollars. Then he scanned me and told me that I weighed $20. Allison was the lucky one. She weighed $30! Finally, something costed $5.
Steve and Michelle brought him this awesome race track. He accidentally saw it on Saturday and kept asking me if it was for him. Before and after his nap, before bed and then when he woke on Sunday morning he asked me, "Is that box for me?" I told him that I didn't know what he was talking about. Apparently, he asked Michelle too because on Sunday morning, he told me, "Michelle said that it might be mine." Jackson, I guess it was!
Grammie and PaPa sent this scooter. So far, it's made many runs around our house.
Chutes and Ladders!!
A cash register! When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he always said, "a cash register." Grandma made sure he got one. He loves the scanner. He was scanning cars and people. He scanned Michelle and told her that she weighed five dollars. Then he scanned me and told me that I weighed $20. Allison was the lucky one. She weighed $30! Finally, something costed $5.
Steve and Michelle brought him this awesome race track. He accidentally saw it on Saturday and kept asking me if it was for him. Before and after his nap, before bed and then when he woke on Sunday morning he asked me, "Is that box for me?" I told him that I didn't know what he was talking about. Apparently, he asked Michelle too because on Sunday morning, he told me, "Michelle said that it might be mine." Jackson, I guess it was!
Grammie and PaPa sent this scooter. So far, it's made many runs around our house.

Do you like the Twizzler tree? That was Steve's idea. Jason and Michelle suggested using every Twizzler color for the railroad ties, which was perfect because Jackson is my child that likes one of each type, color or flavor. (When we eat ice cream at home, he wants one small scoop of every flavor. When he brushes his teeth, he likes to use a little bit of my toothpaste, Jason's and his own.) We had fun making his cake.
We're really better off just not saying anything at all.
I LOVE this picture. This is my precious boy!!
If you like saliva on your cake, come to our house. We'll take care of you!
Jackson asked me if he could eat the train tracks "all gone."
Sure! Just go easy on it. They aren't going anywhere!
Jackson got this birthday plate when he turned one. It's tradition for him to use it each year.
After his much-needed nap, Michelle and I took him and Allison on a walk around the neighborhood. He drove, of course! (Jason and Steve went to watch the Thunder play the Rockets. Our friends gave them tickets...for FREE! What a blessing for those guys! Jason felt terrible for going somewhere on Jackson's birthday, but I encouraged him to go. He never gets to do anything with friends. He deserved it.)
Allison all bundled up for the walk:Michelle and Jackson playing with the racetrack:
Thank you for all of the wonderful gifts!! We had a great day celebrating our sweet Jackson. He's brought so much joy into our lives. We love him abundantly!






















4 comments:
Happy Birthday #3 Jackson,
Grammie loves you so much and wishes that PaPa and I could have been there to celebrate with you. I love your truck. What an awesome gift from Mommie & Daddy. Enjoy your scooter. I can't wait to see you.....love grammie
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON!
So fun!!! He is adorable and the cake was fantastic!
Oh Adrienne! How blessed you are! I love looking at your pictures and reading about your life. It is so sweet to see your kiddos. Happy Birthday Jackson! We miss seeing you! Maybe we will both resurface after this winter of babies and colds.
Post a Comment