Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. Jackson didn't even know what it was until a few days ago, and all he knows of it is dressing up and getting candy. We decided to give a try this year.

Major Exum:

How did we decide to dress him up as an Airman (Major Exum)? Well, around 3:30 on Wednesday afternoon, I read some wall posts on Facebook from girls in my Sunday school class who were talking about a Harvest Hoedown that started at 6:30. I had no idea what they were talking about. My neighbor, Lindsey, came to the rescue and told me that it was a party at church for the children. The kids go dressed in their costumes and the youth provide games and candy. Great! I had no costume for Jackson. I had been mowing leaves all morning and needed a shower. Dinner wasn't cooked. And my child would be the happiest boy on the planet if I somehow got it all together so that he could be there.

Thank goodness, both kids were still napping. I jumped in the shower and started dinner. Jason left work earlier than he had planned to search for a costume. He went to Target and couldn't find anything, so he decided to try looking on base. That's when he came across the ABU (Airman Battle Uniform). It was almost 2 sizes too big, but we made it work and we made it to church by 7. Not bad!

Jackson's first night to go trick or treating:

The pumpkin he's holding was mine when I was a little girl! We got it from my parents last weekend.

His first house:

"Trick or treat!" Towards the end of the night, he got the hang of saying that when he went to the door.

"Momma, take a picture of my sucker."

And this is how he looked all night long:

He had a great time. What kid wouldn't have fun collecting all kinds of candy?!

Note to self: Next year, bring water. We had a meltdown because I didn't bring water. Momma, don't you know you're supposed to think of everything your child could possibly want! (I actually did think of bringing water but then forgot as we were walking out the door.)

No comments: