Sunday, November 1, 2009

Big Brother and His Little Snug Bug

Before our nap on Friday (yes, it was a nap for all to the praise of God), Jackson and Allison were on my bed while I was checking email. Jackson was pulling Allison to a sitting position and talking to her. It was so precious! He kept saying, "Pulling up big! Oh, big girl." I ran to get the video camera, and this is what I caught on video:

Jackson is holding Allison.

"If you cry, when I'm turning the hairdryer on, I'll turn it back off and pick you up. K? Okay, Baby Bear. K." (We sometimes use the hairdryer to warm up our sheets:))

Jackson lays Allison on her back (very well, I must say) and then turns on the hairdryer.

"Oh, sweet girl."

Allison does not cry. Jackson turns the hairdryer off almost immediately after turning it on. He pulls Allison to a sitting position and hugs her.

"Oh, Baby Bear. It's ooookay. Baby Bear, it's okay. This is okay. You're not comfortable (meant to say uncomfortable). You're just laying on me. And snugging with me." (Jackson sometimes calls Allison his Snug Bug.)

And this is what it looked like:



I LOVE my kids!

No comments: