While I was cutting vegetables for dinner, this is what I overheard:
(Allison was in her bouncy seat sitting next to the table where Jackson was eating apples.)
Jackson: "You are SO precious. You are SO precious."
Allison spits up. Jackson wipes her mouth.
Jackson: "There you go pumpkin. It's okay pumpkin."
If only you could hear the sound of his precious voice! It really would make your heart burst.
Jackson is so sweet and loving to Allison. He loves talking to her, holding her, and playing with her while she is on the bed. He often asks me to lay her on the bed so that he can play with her. Sometimes, he'll even tell me that she's not hungry because he doesn't want me to pick her up so that he can continue playing with her. He's a great helper. He loves to take all of her clothes off in preparation for her diaper change. Once I'm ready, he loosens her diaper. But he doesn't do it until I'm ready because, "She might have poo-poo."
Allison loves Jackson. It's amazing to watch her eyes follow him in the room. Like this evening, when we were all three on the bed. Alli was lying propped up on the Boppy and Jackson was walking on top of the bed. Whenever he moved behind her, she would turn her head as far as she could and look backward trying to see him. When he came back in front of her and talked to her, she got a huge smile on her face. She loves to smile, and she does a lot. She is also starting to find her high-pitched voice. I believe she is learning that from Jackson!
9 years ago
5 comments:
I just LOVE reading your blog! You are always so positive and happy!! Always finding the beautiful moments, even in everyday situations. Your kids are lucky to have you as their mom :)
Isn't it great that you can record these moments, so you can have wonderful memories to recall. Oh, the joys of being a mother. The blessings never cease....It makes you forget those not so memorable moments children have....love you
that is absolutely precious! You will be so grateful to have written this down!
Hilarious! I imagine you call her pumpkin?
Oh my! This is the sweetest! I love it. THIS is why I was sad to be an only child and why I wanted to have multiple children. It's awesome. Too too sweet. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment