The morning after the pumpkin patch, I took the kids on a trolley ride in downtown Montgomery and then to a discovery playground while Jason caught up on much needed sleep. Jackson has been so excited to ride the trolley and I've been eager to hear about Montgomery's history. We learned so many neat things and Jackson enjoyed all 30 minutes of his ride.
He wanted to take a photo of me and Allison. He loves taking pictures. (I wonder who he got that from?!)

Here's a shot of the playground that is right in/near Old Alabama Town. I love these types of playgrounds.
While on the trolley tour, we learned of Montgomery's oldest surviving restaurant - Chris' Hot Dogs. The tour guide said they served amazing hot dogs and were known for their secret sauce. We had to try it out because we love going places that are unique to a location. After naps, we headed to Chris', ate hot dogs and watched Alabama lose to Carolina.
The original menu board:
The famous dogs covered in sauce:
I will say that I'm glad we went to Chris' and ate at the oldest restaurant in Montgomery; however, I will not eat there again. I just can't do it. I can't eat like that and feel good about it. One time is enough for me. But at least I went, right?!
1 comment:
Jackson, maybe you can talk mommy & daddy into getting you a small camera for your birthday. You take better pictures than most adults.
I know that you had fun on the trolley. Making Memories.....
Yea for the hotdogs. Sad News: James Coney Island downtown closed after being there forever. The building management would not do the things they needed to keep the business open. That building is horrible about that type of thing. That is where our Kwik Kopy was. Convenient, right...dad loved those hotdogs!!!!
Post a Comment