Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Crafts

When I have time, I like to browse other blogs for craft ideas and homeschool ideas. I enjoy doing crafts with my kids and they both love it. (Well, Alli is just now getting to the age when she can participate in some things.) These are a few of the blogs I go to for craft ideas:

1+1+1=1
Amazing Adventures Awake

Homeschool Creations
Totally Tots

I found this marble painting idea on 1+1+1=1. We had a blast with it! First, you print out the pumpkin printable on cardstock. Then, you tape it to the inside of a box top.

We used four paint colors and four marbles:

Put the marbles in the box and move the box all around so that the painted marbles run across the white pumpkin:

This was so much fun for Jackson and captivated him for a while. He didn't want to stop until he could no longer see white on his pumpkin!



When you take the pumpkin off, your box top looks really cool!

Then you add six baby pumpkins and repeat the entire process:

After we made our pumpkins, we made a fall tree. First, Jackson painted a white piece of cardstock with fall colors and a little bit of green to resemble grass with fallen leaves. Then, we took a paper towel tube and painted it brown. Once it dried, we cut four slits in the bottom and about twelve slits in the top. We glued the "tree trunk" to the "ground" and then hot glued leaves to the ends of each "branch."

I absolutely love it!

Once we finished our fall tree, we pulled out all of the paints and had some creative fun. Allison had her first experience with finger painting. Jackson, bless his precious heart, was so excited for her!




After a while, she started grabbing the paper and wadding it up. I took the paper off and let her paint her tray:

Jackson decided to forget his brushes and finger paint his canvas:

He loves to paint...and I would much rather do this than watch television.

About a month or two ago, we painted flowers with sponges and he wanted to paint some more. We got out the sponges and made one flower. Later that night, I decided to paint a few more with the leftover paint that was on our paint plate. I also wrote Genesis 1 on our masterpiece because we've been singing a Bible song about creation. It's on our top five playlist in the van and we all get excited to sing it. God created the earth and everything in it, and we are His masterpiece. Whenever I looked at our artwork, Genesis 1 was the one and only thing that came to my mind. Isn't it lovely?!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Erica said...

I saw those marble pumpkins too and thought they were adorable. Great job...are you homeschooling, too?

Benita said...

What Fun. We could do this with all the children on Thanksgiving. I will start collecting box top and cut out pumpkin shapes. I have marbles......Jackson you did such a great job on your project and what a great big brother you are. I love you..........Grammie

Beeker said...

Love, love the idea!! Can't wait to do that with my boys!

Katie said...

That marble thing looks so cool I may have to do it myself-even though I am not a kid!