My heart is in such sorrow at the moment. Death is sometimes so hard to understand. Last November, one of my closest and dearest friends lost her mother. The entire ordeal was so painful. One day we were swinging on a porch swing talking about the Lord and forgiveness and healing, and another day she was in ICU fighting for her life.
Just two weeks after her death, another couple friend of ours lost their baby girl at about 5 1/2 months gestation. This happened on the day we were celebrating our firstborn's first birthday. How is it that one day can bring so much joy for one and so much pain for another?
Last night, Jason and I found out that friends of ours lost their 3-month-old baby girl. In an instant, she was gone, and they are understandably devastated and horrified. I feel so much pain and sorrow for them. I can't seem to get it off of my mind. I wish that I could do something to help bear some of their pain, but there really is nothing I can do.
We live in a fallen world, which makes me cry, "Oh, come quickly Lord Jesus! Come quickly!" If you are willing, please say a prayer for this family...and all of the others who lose loved ones every day.
9 years ago
1 comment:
Your observation here is so relevant. Death is so hard, ironically, so is life. Praise God, He is so good amidst it all. Because our precious nephew has leukemia, I have been following the blogs of so many babies with cancer and it makes my heart ache. Can you just imagine how God's heart breaks over us?
Post a Comment