We just got through a very long week of sickness. Jackson had a terrible stomach virus, which had him vomiting for days. I'm so very grateful to say that he is feeling much better and is back to his normal self.
The Lord is so gracious to show me the good things in the midst of a trial. I discovered a whole new level of love that a mother has for her child. Jackers did not leave my side for 4 days. The first two days, I held him or slept with him constantly. He threw up on me almost every time, which was 19 times. And this wasn't always b/c I couldn't avoid it. I just could not hold him away from me while he was vomiting and reaching his arms out for me and crying.
The Lord also showed me that "other things" can wait. With all of the time that I spent laying in bed holding my baby and doing 19 loads of laundry, my house did not fall apart and we still managed to eat well. Too often, I allow all of the things that need accomplishing to overwhelm me. I think they just have to get done...or else...I'm not a good homemaker, I can't multi-task, I'm too slow, I'm lazy, I'm not organized, I can't prioritize... I know, it's terrible and oh so wrong of me. It's something that I'm working on, and my God is so good to show me the error of my ways.
Today, Jason stayed home with Jackson so that I could go to church and worship. We didn't want to put Jackson in the nursery on the heels of his sickness for fear of spreading anything to the other children. Jason allowed me to go since I had been homebound for a week. It was wonderful and I should just say how much I love our church home here. Our pastor has such a heart for Jesus, His Word, and His people. He is so sincere and so very humble. I really enjoy being under his teaching.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment