I was so excited and couldn't wait for Jackson to wake up so that we could go outside and play. He doesn't have any snow shoes, so I was trying to think of how to keep his feet dry. I put plastic bags over his shoes and legs and then put his pants on. Well, he did not like my idea and he did not share my enthusiasm about the snow:
The snow was amazing. It was so powdery and didn't feel wet at all. I was dreaming of being on the slopes with Jason and racing down to the bottom. (Skiing is my very favorite thing to do!) I tried throwing snowballs at Jackson, throwing snowballs at myself, making snowballs for him to hold...but nothing worked. The kid did not want to be in the snow and he definitely did not want the plastic bags over his legs. (On the latter part, I can hardly blame him.) Here's a photo of our footprints. I tried bouncing him across the snow covered grass. He didn't like that either.
I decided to take a drive through our village so that I could take some photos and he could see the snow. This worked much better, although I was nervous as heck about wrecking the truck. Me, snow and driving are a recipe for disaster - at least that is my track record. Here's our content boy in the warm car:
This next picture really made me laugh. Yes, it's our Christmas tree still laying (although sometimes standing when I stand it back up after a heavy wind) on our back porch. You'll have to give us a break. While the garbage men take your trees, we have to haul ours to the forest. We just haven't done it yet. I'll say it's because I think it makes a nice back porch decoration.
I gave the snow one last chance. I carried Jackson to our neighbor's garden. I thought that maybe he'd be interested since I had taken off the plastic bags and his puffy jacket. There is a cute area next to their garden where I've always wanted to take some photos of Jackson. I thought today would be a great day to put some action into my desires. Well, it wasn't successful:
I put the camera away and we just walked together. He liked that so much better. And I have to say that I did too! Maybe if daddy had been home, things would have gone differently. Everything is much more fun when daddy's around!
1 comment:
what beautiful pictures! even if jackson didn't love it just yet :)
Post a Comment