A couple of weeks ago, I asked Jason if we could pray about Jackson saying ma-ma. I was a little disheartened b/c he never said my name. I knew he could say it b/c he has before, but he had gone so long without even uttering a ma, much less a ma-ma. I have to admit that I was a little hurt. After all, I am the one who is constantly with him....maybe that's the problem :)
He got very sick the last week in February. I've always said that he never says my name unless he's sick or in the depths of despair. Well, he did say my name that week. Very little, but he did say it. It was bittersweet for me: I was happy that he knew my name and was calling out to me in his time of need, but I was very sad that he had to get so sick to do it.
Well, a week and a half after being fully recovered, I am happy to say that he says my name more often now...at least once or twice per day! It will take a lifetime to catch up to the constant da-da, da-da, da-da-das, but I'm just happy he knows my name!
I guess this just gives me a glimpse of the joy of the Lord when His children call Him by name!
9 years ago
1 comment:
They say that the 'D' sound is easier to make than the 'M' sound for a developing linguist. Don't you always wonder who 'they' are? In this case, I think 'they' are mammas!
Post a Comment