Saturday, June 14, 2008

To the Best Daddy of Them All

Jace,
You've brought a whole new meaning to Father's Day. Since the day I knew that I was going to marry you, I dreamed of the day that we would have a child of our own...a child that would be a part of you and a part of me and an expression of our love for each other and for the Lord. I knew then that you would be an amazing father, and I eagerly anticipated watching you be Daddy to our child(ren).

A little more than 18 months ago, my dreams and expectations became a reality. I will never forget the day that Jackson was born. You held our baby with so much love and affection. When we brought him home and began life as a family of three, you were so attentive to his every need...warm wipes, diaper put on perfectly, no wrinkles/folds in his clothing or bed sheets to cause him discomfort, a warm bathing area, dim lights, etc. You did everything you could to spend time with him (and me) so that we would never question your love or loyalty to our family.

As the months went on, you did your best to be present for every one of Jackson's firsts. And that is still the case today as he is constantly experiencing new things and mastering new skills. Even though you are busy providing for our family, you make every effort to be a huge part of his life...something not all fathers do for their children. I am so grateful for your interest in our son. I am so thankful that you love him and want to develop a strong relationship with him that will endure for as long as you are on this earth. Every day, you make sacrifices so that we can have more time together as a family; but, that has never been clearer than now. I want you to know how much a admire you for walking away from your very successful career of ten years so that our family can avoid 14 months of separation. What a testimony of your devotion to God and of your desire to chase after the things of Him and not the things of this world.

Jace, I am having a blast with you! The Lord has done more in our 9 1/2 years as husband and wife than I could have ever asked or imagined. I can think of no greater partner to share my life with and not greater man to be Daddy to my children. Thank you for loving our Jackers! Thank you for loving our family! And thank you for loving me...I believe one of the greatest gifts you'll ever give our child(ren). I can't wait to have more!

My words never do justice to the gratitude I have for you. My heart is so full yet writing eloquently has never been a strength for this science/math girl. You are the man of my dreams! I knew it the first night I saw you. Jace, I love you, a lot, a lot! Happy 2nd Father's Day!

18 Months in Review:

29 November 2006 - Jackson's Birth Day:

Daddy's are so comfy:

Late-winter Edgemere Park days in Oklahoma:


First Mother's Day:

First Father's Day:

Making our home fun for Jackson during our overseas move:

Frisbee golf:

My helpful husband:

First time on a slide:

First train ride:

Outside of Buckingham Palace:

Instilling a love for cars early on:

Sports fans:

First pumpkin carving:

First time to see/touch snow:

First birthday...ball pit fun!

Christmas in Germany:

Prague:

A patient daddy and busy boy on the Spanish Steps:

The pain daddy's must endure:

First time to kick a ball:

Sledding down our front walkway:

Springtime...finally!

Vondelpark, Amsterdam

First time on the beach...Noordwijk, Holland

A great daddy keeping our sleeping baby warm and toasty on the cool beach:

Driving on the opposite side:

Beach fun on the Dingle Peninsula:

Trying so hard to walk in Daddy's shoes:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day

I have 5 wonderful men in my life, my husband of almost 38 years, my son and 3 awesome son-in-laws, Jason, Jonathan and Ryan. Jason & Jon together have 4perfect sons (well I am their grandmother so I can say they are perfect). It is the fathers that I honor today for being every child's dream of what a father should be. My husband, Jason & Jon have blessed this family with following the Lord first, loving their wives, having honor and integrity. I can't describe how wonderful it is to have these wonderful man in my life. All of you are the very best.

Love you
Big B