Saturday, June 14, 2008

Two Faithful Father's

Dad,
My life has been forever blessed because God chose you as my father. You have set a tremendous legacy for our family. You've always put a HUGE emphasis on family, which has bound us so tightly together. During my junior high years, you followed God's leading and made the Lord the center of our family. I am so grateful for all of the "family time" we spent gathered together in our living room reading the Bible or other books and praying.

My entire life, you've worked SO hard to provide for our family. Life was not easy for you, but you made it very easy for the rest of us. From both you and Mom, I have had the most amazing examples of unselfishness. I have always respected your opinion and sought your counsel before making decisions. In return, you've encouraged me, supported me, and given me the freedom to go my own way.

We are alike in so many ways and our minds think a lot alike. Because of this, I can talk to you about anything and so easily. Since you got rid of your business and became more available, I have enjoyed the freedom to talk to you whenever I want. I have also loved having you more present in my life...like on the day that Jackson was born. Dad, I will never forget the pin that you wore to the hospital. It really made me smile:

It was just a visual reminder of your love for our family. Dad, I love you so much and am so thankful that God chose you to be my father. I hope your Father's Day is wonderful. I only wish that we could spend it with you. Happy Father's Day! I am the daughter of a truly amazing father!


My other father...given to me only for a time...but a part of my heart forever:
Jason's dad went to live in eternal glory on 31 July 2003. We've never missed someone so much since that day. He was a tremendous person in so many ways and loved his family with all of his heart, giving of himself to provide for their every need. We miss him incredibly and wish that he was here with us, but we are grateful that he is with Jesus forever and ever.

No comments: