We had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. We played at the park, watched movies, and grilled...some of Jason's favorites! Here are some pictures we took after church on Sunday. We were lucky to get Jackson to look at the camera. He was so tired because we get home from church so late.
There is one thing that always makes him smile. Jackson is obsessed with driving the car!
On Monday, Jackson told me, "No!" for the first time. I didn't realize exactly what he was saying until he did it again on Tuesday. Needless to say, Tuesday was his first day in timeout. Our little man does not like to be separated from us, so timeouts seem to be very effective punishments thus far.
This evening, our family went to the pool and had a blast! The pools here are awesome. They have several indoor pools, water slides, several outdoor pools, a sauna, solarium and a restaurant. We spent our time indoors at the kiddie pool and then on the water slides. Jackson loved the slides. One slide was the winding tube kind but it was almost pitch black inside. It was called the black hole. Jackson loved, loved, loved this one. The other slide was very steep and shot you down into the water so fast. He loved this one too. We had so much fun! Jace and I had a blast going down the slides too. I can't even count how many times we went down!
Tonight, Jackson did the sweetest thing while we were putting him to bed. I was sitting in bed with him and Jason knelt by his bedside to pray. Jackson laid on his belly, clasped both hands together and said, "Jesus." He proceeded to make whispering sounds as if he were praying and then at one point grabbed my hand like we do when we pray before meals. It just melted our hearts!
Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to hanging out with Kate...a new friend who I have a lot in common with. We're hoping for good walking weather so we can put our boys in the joggers and go!
9 years ago
1 comment:
The sweetest moment in your life, is hearing him say Jesus. The Lord is already drawing Jackson to Himself. My heart is overflowing.
Jackson, Grammie loves you very much!!!!!
Post a Comment