Sunday, July 27, 2008

Air Show Minus Flying

This past week was insanely busy...insanely busy! I, along with another gal from church, had the privilege of baking every day for 40 Vacation Bible School workers. I love cooking and baking, and it was nice to serve my brothers and sisters in Christ with one of the interests God's given me. My days were hectic, my kitchen looked like my grain mill exploded and Jackson was running out of clothes, which is why I haven't blogged in over a week.

Yesterday, Jason and I got to watch our friends' little baby boy while his parents enjoyed an evening out. It was such a blessing to watch Micah so that Ryan and Kate could spend time together. Jace, Jackers and I took Micah to the base for an air show...only there was no flying. They had a bunch of planes on display and the pilots were there to answer questions and show us stuff.

After we looked at the planes, Jason's squadron had a picnic for all of the squadron members. There were games for adults and children and lots of good food. We didn't stay long because there was lightning within 5 minutes and it was extremely windy. We wanted to get the boys home.

Here are some pictures of our afternoon:

Jace and Jack in front of a C-5:

Going inside the C-5:

Inside the C-5:

Sweet Micah inside the C-5:

Adrienne and Jackson in front of the front of the C-5:

F-16:

F-16 Loaded:

KC-135:

The boom on the KC-135 that is used for air refueling:

C-130:

Jackson LOVES "baby" Micah. Whenever he sees Micah, he always wants to sign and say baby. Here he is signing baby (his way):

Jackson kept pointing out to us that Micah was wearing a hat:

The boys with the back of an A-10 (our friend Kevin flies these) in the background:

German Biplane:

F-15:

German Tornado:

F-4:

Jace, Jackson and Micah on the flight line just outside of Jason's office:

Jason's office window overlooks the flight line. It's awesome to watch the planes take-off and land. Whenever we eat lunch with Jason, Jackson loves to stand in the window and watch the airplanes.

P.S. Jason absolutely had to help me name all of these planes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like all of you have a wonderful time. Micah is so cute. Now you can see what it will be like to have two little ones when the time comes. I love Jackson's hair. He looks so precious and he does have lots of hair. I am getting so excited about all of you coming home......love you

Erica said...

That was really sweet of you guys. We are always blessed tremendously when others watch the girls for us.
I also have had the privelege of baking for a lot of people. It was for a Christmas party at church and I had to bake like 40 dozen cookies! Fun! Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to Jason how natural he looked with two little ones.....love you mom

Beeker said...

Hey there...we love the new look for your blog! And the airplanes are way cool. You all will have to come to Ohio and see the museum. It's great! Kevin likes the shout out! Hawgs rule...Jason will get it. : )