The first long talk that Jason and I ever had...before his heart met mine...occurred in his Jeep Wrangler while sitting in my driveway. We talked for hours about all sorts of things, but I will never forget his mentioning of Stephen Curtis Chapman's song to his wife, I Will Be Here. I was a very new believer and still unfamiliar with Christian artists. I can't remember how quickly, but very soon after that conversation, I was searching for the CD containing this song. I found Chapman's The Live Adventure CD and it ministered to me more than I ever imagined it would. Of course, I loved the song written for his wife. In fact, we both loved it so much that we had a dear friend sing it while we lit the unity candle during our wedding ceremony.
The Great Adventure, the title track, was a song that carried me through the next few months of waiting for the Lord to reveal His chosen life partner for me. You see, I met Jason in July 1997. A week later, he went to Kanakuk for one month. After returning to Houston from Kanakuk, he left for his senior year at Baylor. I felt certain in my heart that he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with; however, I was waiting for him to make the first move. Over the next four months, I devoted my heart to prayer and to growing in the Lord...to learning about THE great adventure. When Jason came home for Christmas break, he pursued me and we knew very soon thereafter that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.
At that time, I had no idea what an amazing adventure it would be. The past 10 years have been more than I had ever hoped for. If you have time (it's a little long), play the slideshow (with music), and reminisce with us over our first 10 years of marriage. It's a little blurry, but there was not other way to do it. The file was too large for blogger.
6 comments:
That was such a sweet video! You guys are an inspiration to many! I love keeping up with you!
10 years! Wow, time flies when you're having fun!
I loved your slide show! Thank you for sharing your pictures and your lives with all of us!
I love you both!!
The electricity is still there even after 10 year!. To be able to experience the last ten years watching your love grow has been such a blessing for you Dad & I. The memories came rushing back while I watched the video and brought tears to my eyes. What an example for all those who know you and have met you. The love that you have for each other...Amazing
Love mother
A,
Y'all have a beautiful thing going on! I am so joyful for y'all. Look at the amazing adventures and places you've been! It is astounding.
Jason is one blessed man.
I love you!
Natalie
I just want to confess that I cried like a school girl! I love you guys that much!
what a treasure! i must say you have inspired me to take more pics of chris and i together. we used to, but it seems we have focused our camera more on the boys these days! and oh, the places you have been. such seasoned travellers for your youth! happy anniversary! ( a little late)
Post a Comment