Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dinner: A Family Affair

Dinner tonight was a family affair. It was late, we were busy, and I hadn't started cooking. Rather than eating out, we all chipped in and did our part.

Jason cut the chicken (thank you!) and Jackson sliced the vegetables in the Slicer Shredder:

I decided to take a photo and document the event whenever I was watching Jackson. I looked at him in amazement. He knew exactly what to do and did not need my help with anything. I couldn't believe my 2 (almost 3) year-old was performing the task so adult-like.

Allison and I helped too:

What did we make?
Chicken Fricassee with Dumplings
We used chicken breasts instead of thighs and cut them into bite-size pieces. It was GOOD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want the recipe. I love chicken "n" dumplings. Why in the world does the recipe call for thighs? Breast are way better.