Monday, November 9, 2009

"I Grabbed My First Toy!"

I know she's terribly out of focus, but I was taking the picture during the conference on Sunday and didn't want to be a distraction.

Allison and I spent four days in Dallas at The Bradley Method Teacher Training conference. (I'll explain what it is in another post.) It was AMAZING! And she was AMAZING! Classes were from 8:30 in the morning until 10:00 at night with a break for lunch and dinner. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to focus because of having her there and that she would be difficult to manage; but, she was incredible. The conference was very relaxed and very supportive of breastfeeding moms...obviously. I had hoped that she would be awake during my breaks so that I could talk to her and play with her. By the hand of the Lord, no doubt, that's exactly what she did. She napped during the majority of the sessions and woke for breaks. It was wonderful. And when she was awake during a session, she played right in front of me. This was our little space:

And here are the AMAZING women who were at the conference with me. We were all training to be instructors in The Bradley Method of natural childbirth, also known as Husband-Coached Childbirth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, she is my granddaughter, what did you expect!!!!!!!
I can't wait to hear about everything. I know that you will make a great instructor. You have such a heart for wanting all women to experience what you did with Allison.........

Book Worm said...

Amazing and you're so brave! I'm so glad that it went so well! Too bad I'm not having any more babies, I'd use you!