Monday, January 11, 2010

Photo Attempt

Over the holidays, we made two trips - another Colorado/Utah trip and a trip to Houston. Jackson got some kind of stomach bug at the end of our Colorado/Utah trip. We actually stayed in Colorado two extra days because of it. We were supposed to only get about 12 hours at home between the two trips but Allison got sick so we stayed an extra day at home before driving to Houston. Because of our extended stay in Colorado and sickness, I didn't get to take photos of the kids like I had planned. I desperately needed them because our gift to Jason's mom was a gallery frame for her wall, and I wanted recent photos of Jackson and Allison together. At the risk of sounding very cruel, I did take my children outside, in the cold, on the tail-end of vomiting and diarrhea to get pictures for my mother-in-law. And now for the sad part...it didn't work very well. And I wonder why! Children, especially toddlers, aren't excited about getting their picture taken when they don't feel well. And I am a major amateur at taking photos. For some reason, I have major issues with focus points. One child is in focus and the other isn't. Perhaps my friend Amy can me help remedy this situation.


The only time we could get Jackson to smile was when Jason did the hot chocolate dance from The Polar Express - the one that the waiters do when they bring out the hot chocolate. It's hilarious to watch and he's actually quite good at it!


Daddy is definitely dancing right now:



Here's how he really felt about it (along with a 3-year-old's dose of "I'm not going to do what you want because I'm not happy about what I'm doing"):

I'm embarrassed and a little ashamed. Is it terrible that I did this to my kids? My heart for Jason's mom was totally in the right place though. I just really wanted great photographs for her wall. Maybe I'll get some this month. Alli is sitting up, which makes things so much easier when taking photos. (And to save face, I am one that pampers my kids like crazy when they are truly sick. Everything goes on the back burner and I hold them almost constantly. I don't even get out of my pajamas.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. These pics aren't bad, just honest in how they felt. Sometimes those are the best. I think they are adorable...love you, mother

Book Worm said...

These are great! Good job!!!!

Shawna said...

I think you actually got some great pics! The ones were "daddy is definitely dancing" turned out really well.
Certainly helps to have such cute kids :)
XXOO,
Shawna